Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Feb 1, 2004, 5:41 PM   #11

Sorry for taking so long to reply to your posts.

As for how slow the F200 is, it really isn't a problem for me but then that could just be because you get used to the camera and the speed of it.

Compared to the Canon's, well I have used the S45 and S50. The main difference for me was that the Minolta worked whereby the Canon's didn't (I returned 5 faulty Canon's). Abberation was a big problem for me on the S50. Another consideration was cost, I think the Minolta F200 was a lot better value for money than the Canon's.

Macro shots, I haven't noticed any problems and find the F200 very capable, there are a few examples on my website.

Regards,
Nicky
NickyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2004, 5:45 PM   #12

Forgot to mention batteries. I have 4 of the 2300mah rechargables and don't have any problems at all. As an example I have taken 119 photos today, using the LCD and downloaded to my computer via usb, not requiring a battery change or even any low battery indicators showing.

Regards,
Nicky
Old Feb 1, 2004, 5:49 PM   #13

Thanks Niky! I already waiting for my camera to arrive but probably it will not reach me only in 2 weeks or so
By the way you've mentioned that using rechargeable batteries, can you tell me is it NiMh or other type? and brand if possible?
sensovision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2004, 9:03 AM   #14

Hi, and thanks

My f200 is on the way, 1 week, i can't wait too much time?

, tks all, i will say something when it's arrive... Which me luck

Bye
[]
SPiKE
spike_pt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2004, 3:29 AM   #15

Good luck Spike, wishing you lots of success with your new camera!

Batteries I use are Uniross 2300mAh NiMh rechargables.

Regards,
Nicky
Old Feb 17, 2004, 3:54 PM   #16

finally got my F200 but it act strangely... maybe rumors about 10 pictures wasn't just a rumors... just read what I've wrote in this thread: http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=20
I'm charging my Energizer 2100mah batteries in order to be sure that they wasn't partially recharged, although I should tell that when it's stop working on F200 and I've put them into not my X20 they keep on working... maybe it's bug which affect certain parcels?
Old Feb 17, 2004, 3:56 PM   #17

just accidently find out what firmware number is using my F200 it's 1.0 can you please check version you have? it could be obtained if you switch camera in setup mode and push Macro button.
Thanks.