Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Apr 7, 2003, 5:12 PM   #1

Default Minolta F200

Anyone got pics with this cam?

My main interest is night/ evening shots.
PeterW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 5, 2003, 3:39 PM   #2

I've got plenty of examples on my website, from the F200, but not night/evening shots unfortunately. They are not full size images, but should give you an idea of what it can do.
NickyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2004, 4:35 PM   #3

hi NickyG, I've check your website yesterday and you have a lot of great pictures there! Good job BTW can you tell if all pictures which appear on your site are done on F200 or not? since there is no EXIF info included and some photos has strong aberration which I never seen on any samples from F200.
As for night samples form F200 for anyone who's looking for them, I advice to check this link http://www.pbase.com/wtfgary/hk_night_folder
there are some really nice samples although they are not in high res
sensovision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2004, 5:14 PM   #4

Default F200

Hi, thanks for your comments. All the photos on the site since the beginning of April were taken with the F200.

You have got me thinking now which ones show strong aberration on them, could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Nicky
Old Jan 18, 2004, 5:26 PM   #5

check this one http://www.bootsandpaws.co.uk/pics/wildboar/shut1b.jpg it seems to have some aberration on the tree on the bright background(probably the hardest thing for camera to handle...)

By the way did you ever have F300 in your hands? I'm try to find out about how it's compare to F200 and is one of them better in performance or something else or not?
Old Jan 19, 2004, 3:36 AM   #6

Yes, I see your point now!

I think a lot of cameras would have shown up some aberration in that situation though. I'm going to sound like a Minolta marketing dept. employee now but I have to say I had use of the Canon S45 & S50 before the F200 and these camera's were a lot worse for aberration than the F200, I wouldn't let this one photo sway you away from it, thinking that the camera has a big problem with aberration.

I haven't used the F300 at all i'm afraid so cannot help you there.

Regards,
Nicky
Old Jan 19, 2004, 2:24 PM   #7

Hi Niky, I think you totally right about aberration since it's really low and appear only in some situations on F200, Minolta done good job! I've check a lot of photos on pbase and other sites, mainly it was photos from Canon, Minolta and Nikon and seems that F200 has one of the lowest aberration from it's price group, Nikon has also it on low, but Canon have some trobules in sunny days and on some nightshots.

Niky, maybe you can tell me about F200? I've read about macro shots that it's not very easy to use since lens are locked in 2x zoom position and the only way to make close up to photo is move from it? is it truth or not? can you tell more on how zoom is working?
Old Jan 19, 2004, 7:52 PM   #8

almost forgot, can you please tell your opinion about slowness of F200 is it acceptable or you easily could miss photos of your life with it as it's described in many reviews? And how does it compared with Canons which you've used?
Old Jan 31, 2004, 5:06 PM   #9

Hi

I want to buy f200 but I heard to say that i can only take 10 fotos, that it eats lots batteries... What u say?
it is truth?

Bye
SPiKE

ps:sorry the English
spike_pt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2004, 5:17 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike_pt
Hi

I want to buy f200 but I heard to say that i can only take 10 fotos, that it eats lots batteries... What u say?
it is truth?

Bye
SPiKE

ps:sorry the English
hi! I still waiting for my F200 to arrive and I've heard such stories about each camera... and usually it's only because people trying to use Alkaline batteries instead rechargable NiCd...
Although it's appear that almost all Minolta cameras are hunger for power and F200 isn't exclusion, so just keep one pair of reserve batteries with you.