Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Apr 16, 2006, 3:16 AM   #21

Thankyou for a confirmation Jim sir , Yes my wifes A 80 is set to a snap mode as well on her camera a fixed focus mode of 5 mtrs i think it is gives acceptable sharp results everytime with no shutter lag from about 6 ft to infinity , very fast no lag wide angle setting p mode chooses 2.8 0r smaller but keeps camera shake at nill .perfect for fast snap photography, The G 500 at 2 m seems similar and blindingly fast for snap and indoor with flash , My pal brought his Fuji f 10 round a while back he like me found great for low light indoor shots but not allways good outdoors in bright light wahed out results and his photos allways need sharpening . that is what i nearly bought ,think the F 10 overated imo and no peephole, in sunshine he says its unusable going to sell it in fact ,,but a no pp pocket camera is what i and a lot need and so glad to have thisG 500 back in the family just hope i dont get the sliding lens cover cosmetic slide marks really hate that on such a gorgeous body as the g 500 has , but have the 12 month warranty so can go back if that happens, heard sony are to cover any warranty work now but the dealer said i can ship it to him direct to sort out any problemsinc warranty claims , not many good indipendent old fashioned camera dealers about in the uk now but i think mine is great, Just like the G 500 ,Rodo.
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2006, 9:04 AM   #22
Administrator

rodo wrote:
Quote:
The G 500 at 2 m seems similar and blindingly fast for snap and indoor with flash
It's plenty fast for my limited needs. I don't plan on replacing it with another subcompact model until it breaks (and hopefully it won't break). Mine has held up quite well (except for 1 pixel that's borderline bad -- sometimes hot, sometimes not, depending on ISO speed and exposure length). No big deal, and I think I may have caused the problem myself messing around in the hidden service menus when I did a reset, which may have ruined the bad pixel map in EEPROM.

Quote:
, My pal brought his Fuji f 10 round a while back he like me found great for low light indoor shots but not allways good outdoors in bright light wahed out results and his photos allways need sharpening .
Well, something has got to "give" trying to get ISO speeds that high from a tiny sensor. So, I wouldn't be surprised if Dynamic Range suffered in harsh lighting. Your friend could have a defective camera, though. It happens.

Quote:
...heard sony are to cover any warranty work now...
Yes... Here is their information page on warranty work for KM models:

Sony Support for Konica Minolta Cameras, Lenses and Accessories

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2006, 9:47 AM   #23

Thank you Jim very much for your advice rgrds Rodo = Rodney.
Old May 16, 2006, 7:35 AM   #24

SAGA GOES ON! G 500! The G 500 new from uk dealer worked fine for 3 weeks then the camera started playing up , so dissapointed the lens locked in the tele setting but returned after lots of trys ,the sliding cover had to be shut 2 or 3 times before it would start up sometimes, , cant undersand my bad luck because i love these camera types, well to cut a long story short i sent it back to the dealer who kindly refunded me ,since then i tried a Fui f 10 but coud not get on with it blurry pics at all iso and auto / manual settings 40 % of the time nothing sharp unless pp and i dont have the time i do not know why the f 10 is well liked i think its a below average camera with low noise if that grabs you but not a good hit rate like the minolta G 500 so maybe im going crazy ive orderd a G 600 refurbished from the USA seller that sells loads of cameras on ourUK e bay site here and in the US as well . going to tryonce more if this breaks then ill have to buy someting else for my pocket but what i must be unluky cause its not thet i dont take care of my camera i do too much in fact but this timeim hoping it wont break !