Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Apr 12, 2003, 7:22 AM   #1

Default DiMAGE 7Hi

Just bought the DiMAGE 7Hi.

Problem 1. Took few pictures with the AF modes but I find the camera is very sensitve to movement ? Because there a few pictures could see the blurr image. :evil:

I have Olympus C2040Z and it is perfect. Does anyone has similar problem or is my setting not correct ?

Problem 2. Does anyone knows how to set that A/S/M and continuous drive mode ? Tried to follow the manual but still can't get it to work :x
wahlao1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 12, 2003, 8:22 AM   #2
NHL

Quote:
Problem 1. Took few pictures with the AF modes but I find the camera is very sensitve to movement ? Because there a few pictures could see the blurr image.
If you're in shutter priority mode... dial the wheel (next to the shutter release) to increase the shutter speed! You are probably shooting in the 'P' mode with not enought light! (lift up the flash)

Quote:
Problem 2. Does anyone knows how to set that A/S/M and continuous drive mode ? Tried to follow the manual but still can't get it to work
On the right side of the camera, turn the knob to Drive, and hold-in the center button on this knob, and again dial the wheel!
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2003, 9:24 AM   #3

Thanks. I got it ! :lol:
Old Apr 12, 2003, 7:06 PM   #4

Does anyone knows how to solve that "hand shake" indicator from the 7Hi ?

Dispite putting on a tripot, I still get that indicator :x
Old Apr 12, 2003, 7:12 PM   #5

that is only a warning that below a certain shutter speed you had better start thinking about bracing or supporting the camera to possible prevent a blurred image. its just trying to cover itself from being blamed for a blurred picture when it warned you. if your young and solid as a rock with lots of self confidence ignore it.

as far as getting rid of it its set off by low shutter speed it has no shake sensor in it. if you pop up the flash it might go away because it sets the flash sync speed.

i'd test on mine but i let someone very near and dear to me borrow it for an evening to photograph my daughter in a play. now its at minolta for a cracked strobe cover repair. just remember to close your strobe after using it. it doesn't take side loads well.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2003, 3:09 AM   #6

Went to Botanic Garden this morning to test the 7Hi....

http://community.webshots.com/album/69427024LrKMKK

In general, I am quite happy with the pictures :P except pict0122. Not sure why the camera only focuses on one of the flower ? :shock:

Most of the pictures were taken via AF. I could see a small red rectangle on the LCD and quickly disappear.... I think I need more practices ! :roll:

Also appreciate comments about those pictures so that I can improve further ops:
Old Apr 13, 2003, 3:17 PM   #7

I was also unhappy with my 1st set of photo's on my 7Hi, even when taken outdoors in good light (Florida in December) shots were either blurry or grainy. The shots from my Casio 3500 put it to shame!.

Having had 3 months to play with it I've ended up with the following settings, 2560 x 1920 Fine mode, ISO-100, Centre Weighted or Spot metering, P mode but watching the shutter speed doesn't drop below 125th and Adobe colour space.

Photo's are better than the 1st batch (all 409 of them!) but I'd still say my Casio QV3500 or Olympus E20P photos are sharper, less grainy and better colour balanced more often. If I had to pick which camera to use I'd like a mixture of all 3 please I'd have the Casio's menu system & QV5700's 5Mp image chip in a Minolta 7Hi body & memory buffer with the Olympus optics and overall "feel".

Now, where did I put my hacksaw, hammer and nails????
phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2003, 8:50 PM   #8

I am too new to comment on it yet... but i too do love the SLR feel of 7Hi....
Old Apr 17, 2003, 8:35 PM   #9

Hi sjms,

What's a strobe ?
Old Apr 17, 2003, 8:55 PM   #10
NHL

Strobe = Flash.

The lift-up build in in this case, but you can also break the external flash as well especially the bigger than the camera HS5600, if you're not careful! :lol: :lol: :lol:
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote