Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Apr 24, 2003, 6:58 AM   #1

Default Bracketing on Dimage 7

I know this is a very amateur question but what is bracketing and how does it work on the Dimage 7? I have a Dimage 7 with the 2.0 Firmware upgrade.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Jazz
jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 24, 2003, 8:55 AM   #2
NHL

A bracket is a series of pictures taken at normal then at + and - deviation that you have programed the camera to perform:
For example exposure bracketing which is the most popular. You first program the camera for how many bracket(usually one), and how far off (ie 1 Exposure Value for this example). The camera would then, when you hold the shutter down, takes 3 shots: -1EV, Normal, and +1EV.

In the D7's, it's much more flexible of course and you can bracket other parameters than exposure. You can bracket on color saturation, contrast as well as filters(on the D7i). This is use in situation where lighting/contrast or color are difficult and you absolutly don't want to miss the shot...

BTW I believe the camera does flash bracketing as well on rev 2.0 ! 8) 8) 8)
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2003, 9:34 AM   #3

I won't be using the flash bracket as I am using an external Metz. But a followon question, does that mean it will snap three different pictures or does that mean single snap and three different pictures are saved on the card?
jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2003, 9:41 AM   #4
NHL

It will snap three separate pictures when you hold the shutter down (ie release to cancel)

The flash bracket will work off the built-in (in case you don't carry your Metz around)
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote