Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jul 9, 2002, 7:27 PM   #1

Default AC adaptor for 7i

i bought 7i and i am very pleased with the overall perforamace. battery life is good for at least 150 shots (i always use the highest res), no heat problem (yes, warm indeed), ok with auto focus. excellent lens (love 28 mm).

question here is:

AC adaptor. anyone have one? ... if so can u guys advise me the Volt and Amp of the adaptor. or tell me those (around $20) at circuit city works or not?

thank u in advance
zhu001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 9, 2002, 7:54 PM   #2

I just got mine also. The thing I want in a 12v DC adaptor. Radio shack has one with a 1A rating. Didn't know how this would work since the batteries are1.5A min. Did notice the warm hand. I am concerned because I typically will shoot heavy for 10-15 minutes. I shoot watersports from a boat where I can plug into, but a rider set might go for 15 minutes with constant shooting. Cant wait to try out the 7fps. Did once the ran out of power. The camera apperas to use more power in this mode.
Ken E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2002, 4:01 PM   #3

The Digipower AC adapter works well and is available for $30-35. I got mine at Best Buy.
padeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2002, 8:49 AM   #4

Default D7i need more than 6 volts ?

Curiously , my AC adapter ( Optex, rated 2.1 A) have to be set on 6.5 Volts to make the D7i work ( at 6 V setting , the D7i doesn't boot , and the battery icon keep flashing like when the AA battery are dead )
The same adapter worked fine with the D7 before with the 6 V setting .
I think that the power managing is a lil bit different on the the D7i ??
Anyone who have the Minolta adapter , can you tell us what is the ( measured) output voltage?
Thanks
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2002, 9:07 AM   #5
NHL

The Minolta AC-1L is rated for 6V-2A, and I measured 6.16V @ the connector... still very close to 6V than 6.5V. Something is fishy in your set-up or may be the Optex can't handle the initial surge or oscillating, check it with a scope...
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2002, 9:18 AM   #6

Thanks NHL, I will investigate a bit further. With an (analogic) voltmeter meter on the dc line, the voltage didn't drop when I turn the camera on.
Recommend me to get the Minolta adapter? though , I think that 6.5 volts is no problem right? thinking about Bat pack of 7.2 V etc even, it should be "lighter" for the on board regulator I think.
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote