Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old May 6, 2003, 7:04 PM   #1

Default Ding Ding Ding Goes the s-414

Well i got my new s414 today ! I like the ding sound of the focus lock. Its focus is faster than any of my coolpix(not counting the 5700) The pixs are sharp and clear.But man does this thing eat battery power,iam glad i got a few sets of the new power x 2200. Its simple to set up and use.Great point and click.Ill have more to say after i do my pix test and side by side with the nikon 4300,and 3100. Tealblue
tealblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 7, 2003, 1:58 AM   #2

Just order the S414 as well together with 4 2000mAH and 4 2200mAH batteries. You say it eats up batteries. Do you think I should order another 4? Thx in advance for the reply.
hkoyuncu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2003, 7:33 AM   #3

Two sets of the 2200 batt.should do you just fine. So far the camera is just great. I think you will like it also.Tealblue
Old May 7, 2003, 8:23 AM   #4

watch the ratings on these batteries

what you read isn't necessarily what you get:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/ACCS/BATTS/BATTS.HTM
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2003, 11:27 AM   #5

glad you like it tealblue. can't wait until i get mine. i ordered it on the 5th. it has not been shipped yet but this will happen sometime soon i guess. i expect to have it in a week or so!

as for different batteries, yep, i saw that too. looks like Maha/Powerex is the way to go in the US. (I use Hahnel batteries that I got in the UK and they are good too). They say the same thing about chargers as well
Old May 7, 2003, 1:13 PM   #6

One thing i might add. If you dont need the LCD on then turn it off. It will save you alot of battery power. Tealblue
Old May 7, 2003, 4:14 PM   #7

got this one already figured out with my Fuji Finepix A201. It makes a huge difference having LCD on/off on that as well
Old May 7, 2003, 8:02 PM   #8

It sure does!! I got 61 pixs out of the 2200 batteries with the lcd on. That hurts!!!
Old May 8, 2003, 2:31 AM   #9

yikes! either this camera drains batteries BIG time or maybe sthg wrong with your batteries. I am having to go with Maha/Powerex 1800mAH since that is the highest capacity I could find that delivers here. I will see how far it takes me and then look for alternatives if necessary....