Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old May 9, 2003, 9:30 PM   #1

Default Dead Dimage 7

Folks I need help desperatley. I have Dimage 7 with 2.0 firmware...I have taken roughly 3000 pics with it. Today I went to turn it on and it immedaitely shutdown and never powered up again....is there a reset switch or something I can press to reset...Any help would be appreciated...there is no lcd display...no lights no nothing...

Help Please
Jazz
jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 9, 2003, 10:25 PM   #2
NHL

Try to take the battery out and let it sit for several hours with the camera turn-on, ie to deplete the internal charge that keep the real-time clock circuit running and see what happen...

Charge up the batteries in the mean time! :lol:
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2003, 11:50 PM   #3

Will try that over night...anyone else suggestion please keep sending i'll try anything...desperate.
Old May 11, 2003, 4:27 PM   #4

Any ideas guys?
Old May 11, 2003, 8:25 PM   #5

Pretty much the same thing happened to me on Friday, too. I had taken 3 shots and it went off like the batteries had died, 'cept after I changed them......................nuthin'. I've tried everything short of purcussive maintenance.....I plan to call Minolta early tomorrow. Strange about the date thing, tho....coincidence?
fivewives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2003, 8:38 PM   #6

I just think about something:
Did you two try an external adapter ?
The external DC jack has a mechanical contact to cut off the internal battery (just like a external speaker/earphone jack) , the fault could be there
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2003, 9:53 PM   #7

Tried the external adapter as well, no go...if I tilt the camera a bit I can see the top display slightly (very faint)..can tell if all the digits are on or just the normal ones...but as soon as I take the batteries out the faint display goes out.
Old May 13, 2003, 10:54 AM   #8

I called Minolta Tech support yesterday and got a resounding " I've never heard of that happening" as their answer too. They emailed a repair form to fill out with packaging and mailing instructions and I'm now in the process of sending my camera to them. My problem is that my camera is well over a year old, and out of warranty. So where is the cutoff point between repair of the old one, and just biting the bullet and getting a different camera?
fivewives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2003, 11:41 AM   #9

when you see the repair price and it's more than 40% the cost of a new 7i or Hi. it that point you would be making a considerable step up.

i don't think it will be they tend to flat rate it.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2003, 12:48 PM   #10

Mine is at Minolta right now, they said the exact same thing to me "never heard of it before"...they should be letting me know soon I hope...I will post results...Mine is also out of warranty.