Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old May 9, 2003, 11:48 PM   #1

Default New Minolta 7i, hmm some things are unclear!

I just purchased a Minolta 7i and cannot figure out how to get the grid to show on the lcd or evf. Can anyone help? I think that I have done as suggested in the manual.

Also, I am trying to use an aftermarket ac power supply. The markings on the camera say that it should be 6 volts, however it does not appear that 6 volts is adequate to run the camera. At 6.5v the camera runs well, but after a little while the handle heats up. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
efeltman@worldnet.att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 10, 2003, 12:26 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
I just purchased a Minolta 7i and cannot figure out how to get the grid to show on the lcd or evf
Pushing the Display information button ( the button marked i) will let you cycle through different display choices.

Reference: manual page 35 , and note also : " the number of screens and their formats can be changed in the custom section of the setup menu (p 124) "
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2003, 12:32 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Also, I am trying to use an aftermarket ac power supply. The markings on the camera say that it should be 6 volts, however it does not appear that 6 volts is adequate to run the camera. At 6.5v the camera runs well, but after a little while the handle heats up. Has anyone else experienced this?
Yes, I notice this too when I got mine. However , on my D7 before, it runs fine on the 6 V setting ( I guess that the D7i have some sort of diode to protect reverse polarity ??)
Its perfectly normal that the handle gets hot. When the first D7 went out, this was discussed many times. In winter , you would appreciate that , as a finger warmer

FYI: this is a very useful website:
http://webpages.charter.net/bbiggers...dimage_7_.html
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2003, 8:32 AM   #4

Thank you all! I finally figured out my error on the grid! As for the warm handle, disconcerting, but I suppose disapating heat in the Kansas Winter will be a godsend!
efeltman@worldnet.att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2003, 8:35 AM   #5

wait till you start using the Hi setting. things really start warming up.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote