Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Jul 17, 2006, 6:04 PM   #1

first of all the Z2 RAW mod is cool if your questioning wether you should do it or not i say go for it.

But heres a question, the EXIF data apears to not be in the RAW file but it is in the smaller high compression preview .jpg file,, is there anyway i can transfer the EXIF data over into the RAW file? This way when someone asks me what my settings were for a specific pic i can answer them without having to search through for a preview jpg that i would rather not have to keep on the computer.
brett_dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 19, 2006, 8:54 AM   #2

The data is also in the RAW file. I shoot RAW only, and my EXIF data is clearly present.
Willrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2006, 2:36 PM   #3

is that RAW on the KM Z2 camera? i tried lots of different programs to read the exif data from the raw but there is none, i guessed because this is a russian firmware mod to enable the raw shooting.
brett_dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 10:20 AM   #4

No, sorry. I didn't realize you were using a modification to get the RAW files. If there is also a JPEG version of each image, you could just keep them always togethr, or copy the data... fairly time consuming. What RAW editor is recognizing the images; did yo have to create a custom profile for the camera?
Willrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2006, 4:12 PM   #5

Hi Brett,

I'v updated my cam, and use the z2dng tool for raw pix. The dng picture contains proper exif data, no other files needed.

The url:
http://dafnis.galeon.com/z2-en.htm

Hope it will solve your problem!

Best,

Nandi
Nandi is offline   Reply With Quote