Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old May 30, 2003, 5:49 AM   #11
NHL

Quote:
I feel a bit uncomfortable that i need to go through the minolta software and save the images under the RGB space to get the best quality pictures.i think i read that minolta uses its own color space(please correct me if i'm wrong and also shed some light where ever needed)
but still i would go through this if i have to, after all i can get used to it.
This was only true with the original D7.

The D7i and D7Hi no longer required this step, and theses cameras will provide the regular sRGB colorspaces. Actually not one but two... One of which is the 'Vivid' sRGB that offers the highly saturated look of the Sony's! 8)

BTW having a wider colorspace is not all that bad since the original D7 can shoot infrared while the newer D7i and D7Hi can't! (I guess that's why they throw in the extra AdobeRGB instead for their D7Hi super-users...) :lol: :lol: :lol:
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2003, 11:37 PM   #12

I am also trying to decide between the Sony, the Nikon Coolpix 5700 and the Minolta 7Hi. I am leaning toward the 7Hi because of the 28 mm wide angle lens and the use of "standard" batteries and memory cards.
Here is my question:
Does the 7Hi have anything that helps with controlling depth of field ? I do a lot of nature scenery (I love Monument Valley in Utah/Arizona) and these shots require maximum depth of field.
Any help on this would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Guenter
guenters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2003, 6:19 AM   #13
NHL

With most con/pro-sumer cameras (with smaller CCD), you'll get tremendous depht of field! Too much of a good thing in fact regardless of f-stop, and It's one of the main reason I bought a dSLR for that minimum DOF special effect... :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW that 28mm is excellent and CA free (it's a 'G' technology series lenses, like 'L' on the Canon, except its fixed)... contrary to popular belief one can add a good tele converter, but not a wide adapter without introducing some distortion or aberration, and worse vignetting which reduces the effective usable area! :twisted:
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote