Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Sep 4, 2006, 2:59 PM   #11

I'm from the UK, and I have just heard today that, there are no ccd chips available, to repair my(and approx 250 other people in the same position)Minolta 7hi.

I was told that someone would contact me within the next 1-2 weeks, but they would not advise what about. I can only assume it will be to offer a replacement(I hope).

Anyone else been contacted ?, or more likely chased for some info, this has been going on for just over three month for me.

I have to say the repair agency in newcastle(UK)have been very sympathetic, but, having shipped my camera to Germany(mainEuropean repair centre), they have been kept in the dark as well.

I will update with what transpires with me, in the hope that it will help someone else.

Now to wonder what I will be offered, camera, cash, or voucher:evil:
spud65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 3:37 AM   #12
JVG

More (good!) news

I have got an e-mail from the K-M Service Center in Madrid (Spain). My camera has the CCD fault and they are waiting for parts. So it will be fixed for free

I will let you know more once I get back the camera. By now, a good technical service, as they keep me informed of everything (first when it arrived there, now the current status)

Regards,

JOSE
http://jvgavila.com
JVG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2006, 5:36 AM   #13

i've got the same problem w/ my a1. it started last week - days after landing in tawian... i've got another week to mull over my loss and I'll barrage mack cam (US camera warranty company) when I get back. I'll let you know what they say is wrong. In the mean time... is this a known issue with the chips?
lankysteelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 2:05 PM   #14

I had the same problem with my Dimage A1, when I contacted the repair service (Germany) I initially was told to prepair for waiting several months as there would be a bigCCD shortage......they had no idea about timing, could have been weeks or month.....

Two weeks after I did send the camera in for repair, I got a reply and was offered the choice of waiting for the CCD replacement (months !) or a full refund of the purchase price from 2 years ago !!!! NICE !
StefanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 10:49 AM   #15
JVG

AT LONG LAST !!!

I have get back today the A-1, with a replaced CCD :-) :-)

It was sent on 30th September to the Konica-Minolta service in Madrid (Spain). So total time to get it back has been 51 days...

I sent it on the original box put inside a larger box with a very careful packaging. I have got it in a similar way (two boxes) BUT not so nicely packaged. Anyway, it has arrived safely. My first checks have been fine but I need to use it some days to be sure all is OK. It has now a 3 months warranty on the repair...

All in all, I am very glad to have the unit back!. I bought it used BUT in perfect condition (all boxes, papers, invoice, manual, software, ...) back in May 2006, for 290 Euro. So I had not too much to lose. But I like the A-1 a lot and wanted to get it back in working condition :|

I will let you know if there is any further problem with my unit. Let's hope there isn't!

Regards from a very happy camper :G!

JOSE
http://jvgavila.com
JVG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2006, 2:26 PM   #16

Steve,

I have a Dimage A1 that I love to pieces. Six months ago it started acting up and I do not know if it is a CCD problem. If so, I would join the Konica-Minolta recall.

1. Suddenly the camera freezes on me. Exactly like a computer monitor would. Nothing works.

2. At the beginning, I was able to turn the camera off and on and the problem would go away. Meaning the on and off buttom worked.

3. Lately, I have to (literally) take the battery off to reboot the camera. But it is getting worse and worse. Two or three more shots and it will freeze again.

4. It started happeningwith night shots requiring the built in flash. Now it happens all the time.

Thanks in advance for your answer!
ocelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2006, 5:38 PM   #17
Administrator

Have you tried a different battery, or cleaning the contacts on the old one? It sounds more like a power related problem to me.

I'd make sure to format the memory card using the camera's menu choice for format, too. Lockups while writing to media can cause a corrupted FAT.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2006, 12:12 AM   #18

Thanks for your prompt reponse. But I did try a new battery and memory card to no avail. In fact, the first thing I did was to change cards.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 10:49 PM   #19

Hi again! Do you know where could a technician request a Troubleshooting manual to repair a Dimage A1?

Here is the thing: I took my Dimage to the Sony rep here in Lima, Peru. Well, this technician is trained to repair Sony's but not Minoltas. And he's trying to contact all over for a Troubleshooting manual to no avail.
Thanks, O.