Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Aug 13, 2006, 5:46 PM   #1
JVG

Please, could you check this picture and let me know if you know of this fault?

http://jvgavila.com/tmp/PICT0011.JPG

It has started today in my A1 and has lasted for about 15 pictures... first 5 pictures today have been fine. All have been indoor and without leaving the camera so I know it is not a shock.

Thanks!

JOSE
http://jvgavila.com
JVG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 13, 2006, 9:11 PM   #2
Administrator

I think you've got a hardware problem.

Try a different battery and memory card in it as a first step. Sometimes a voltage problem can caused odd symptoms, as can a defective memory card that's pulling too much current.

If it's not a battery or memory card, it will probably need a trip to a repair center.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2006, 6:17 AM   #3
JVG

Sometimes I get different patterns, similar to some of the CCD fault published (the ones which wash the image). Could it be a CCD fault?. I can get the unit to fail if I put the 'steady hand' ON, which moves CCD... so I suspect of a contact (caused by defective CCD glue) problem.

Regards,

JOSE
Old Aug 14, 2006, 8:20 AM   #4
Administrator

That was my first reaction (bad CCD) when I saw the image. But, I had a camera that was doing the same thing (not an A1) and it started working OK again after I replaced the battery. So, it could be voltage related, too.

If it's the CCD, you should be able to get it fixed for free.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2006, 8:42 PM   #5

When I turn on my MinoltaA1, I get a white screen which might flicker, as though, it is trying to show an image. All functions work, otherwise. Is this part of the known CCD problem? It occurred once before, but started working again, but now seems to have failed and will not start properly again.

Thanks,

John
shooter48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 11:50 AM   #6
JVG

Hello John,

My unit does also that sometimes. And I _think_ it is a CCD issue, as it comes and goes as if there was bad contact between CCD and its mount (the famous glue problem?). Anyway, I will try to talk with the Spanish Konica Minolta service tomorrow. I will let you know what they say!

Best regards,

JOSE
Old Aug 16, 2006, 6:31 PM   #7
Administrator

All of Konica Minolta's service is being handled by Sony now no matter where you live. Good luck with it, it does sound like another case of the "bad Sony CCD" to me. Our Coolpix 5700 that we do the review product shots with just died from the same problem. I can't complain though, Nikon will fix it for free and we have shot some 15,000+ images with it.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2006, 1:37 PM   #8

Hello, I have a similar problem with a Minolta Dimage 7HI. For almost 3 months now (since june 2006) they keep saying that they do not have the CCD for replacement (In Romania and Germany). and they do not know when will it be available. I am prepared to have my camera sent anywhere for repair. Please tell me if anybody managed to repair it and where in Europe did it happen.
cristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 8:02 AM   #9
JVG

Hello again!

Yesterday I returned from a family trip to Paris, visiting Disneyland and Paris city for a week... I took my A1 to the trip, knowing it had the fault I commented but hopping for the best... Fisrt day I took about 100 pictures without trouble... and that was all!. It began to act up and I was able to barely take about 5 more pictures in all the week :sad:

Fortunately we took two more digital cameras but all were compact ones which, even being good quality, were not up to par with the A1.

I have saved some pictures to use them as a probe in case the Konica-Minolta Technical Service has any doubt about the evident fault. Here you have a sample Disneyland pic:

http://jvgavila.com/tmp/PICT0009.JPG

I really hope my camera will be repaired without a glitch. If not I plan to fight for it!

Will keep you updated about what I find.

Best regards and thanks for your help !

JOSE
Old Sep 1, 2006, 3:12 PM   #10
JVG

Well, I have some news... My camera has arrived today (1st September) to the K-M Service for Spain (it is in Madrid and I am in Valencia, 350km from there). They have told me that if fault is the CCD, it would be repaired for free and I just need to pay for the transport. I am sure fault is CCD... I will let you know what finally happens!

Regards,

JOSE