Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old May 22, 2003, 7:33 PM   #1

Default 7i display on Shutter priority.

Ok do I have a problem or not. Can't find anything in the manual.
As I increase the shutter time, rotating the dial, display on top of the camera from ..., 6, 4, 3, 0''5, 0"7, 1"0, 1"5, 2", 3", 4". What does the (") stand for, or is my display acting up?

Thanks
Ken E is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 22, 2003, 10:15 PM   #2

Default Re: 7i display on Shutter priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E
Ok do I have a problem or not. Can't find anything in the manual.
As I increase the shutter time, rotating the dial, display on top of the camera from ..., 6, 4, 3, 0''5, 0"7, 1"0, 1"5, 2", 3", 4". What does the (") stand for, or is my display acting up?

Thanks
Ken E, your camera LCD is ok :mrgreen:
6, 4, 3 ... means 1/6 sec, 1/4 sec, 1/3 sec , etc ...
0"5, 0"7,1"0, 1"5 ... means 0.5 sec . 0.7 sec, 1.0 sec, 1.5 sec , etc...

for a more friendly display , look at the info display on the big color LCD instead of the top LCD

Oh ... (") means "second " , remember maths & trigonometry ? angle measurement are in degrees () minutes () and second () ; also 90 degrees = 100 grad = Pi/2 radians
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2003, 10:57 PM   #3
NHL

Quote:
for a more friendly display , look at the info display on the big color LCD instead of the top LCD
... another good idea from KCan! Notice the different color coordinated display, normally white and blue when selected! 8) 8) 8)

... so that's where the second come from... Thoses engineers! :lol: :lol: :lol:
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2003, 12:31 AM   #4

NHL, Ken E, Oh yeah, color has meaning too , in manual mode , a red M means you are in autobrightness (?) mode of LCD , not WYSIWYG , so be careful, you may take a pic at the incorrect exposure! :shock:

Hey NHL, got your 10D? Congratulations !
KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2003, 5:44 AM   #5
NHL

Yeap, not the same though... It's definetly better, just like what an SLR should be, but it comes at a cost too: 3 times the weight (a little bit more if you count the other lens as well)! Kind of remind me why I bought the D7 in the 1st place several years ago... A camera bag is now mandatory just like in the analog/film days. ops:

The D7 is actually a nice back up though, if you think of it. I can still use the WYSIWYG of the D7 in manual to augment the EOS for night shots, kind of like a high-tech meter with a real-time histogram (sure beat my Gossen Ultra-Spot for convenience). Beside this camera can always do Infrared too, if I come across something interesting! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We'll see how the 10D will do with the sea and sands of the Carribeans in a month (aside from practicing the CCD cleaning procedure)! I already know I can't jump off the boat and swim ashore holding the D7 above water 'cause I will probably sink with the EOS with its f2.8 lens! :mrgreen:
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote