Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Konica Minolta

Old Sep 1, 2006, 8:07 AM   #1

My worst nightmare became true. Just came back from my deam holidays from the Greek islands hoping to have some great shots and instead i got a problem i cannot deal with.

Here the case When I power the camera on it vibrates for 20 secs ( my camera is a vibrator) both the LCD and the viewfinder. Then you can notice a small black triangle in the corner of the LCD display .
Sometimes two triangles appear on two corners either up or down.
Also the camera still vibrates even after power on and is struckling to focus.You can actually hear it. A lot of my photos are out of focus (
Last think a scew came out from the LDC display but that does have nothing to do with the above problems. So what do you think ? I have noticed, going through the forum threads that a lot o people have this proble with either A200, A1 and A2. Did Konika Minolta knew about this since it is so common ? Any updates from people who had this problem ?

I am thinking if the camera is not still under warranty to upgrade on the Sony A100 but I am really frighten that I will run in simiral problems or worst since this camera comes from the same "family"

What do you think ? Any one has an opinion on Sony A100. Though I would like to get my A200 fixed.

kitieas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 1, 2006, 4:58 PM   #2

[align=left]I did have that same problem with 2 different Konica Minolta A200 units.

First game after 8 weeks. salesman did give me new one (Because it was about 9 weeks in camera"hospital" and still anything didnt happen) but after 4 weeks this new one gave same results (as You did notice with your camera).

I also did have black area on the left side of pictures.

Now I'm waiting fujifilm S 9500 camera. See what problems with that...?

Sorry, English is just difficult for me...

Hope They fix Yours better than mine.
[/align]
Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 4:24 PM   #3

I guess its a very common problem so Minolta should knew about it and did nothing to fix it. Too bad cause overall its a very good camera it terms of specs and does the job good.

I was really satisfied with the night shots.
kitieas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 10:00 AM   #4

Yes...

I liked it too (Without these problems it was very OK).

Shame...
Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2006, 9:01 AM   #5

The same problem occurred on my Z3 - it took 2 months for KM to repair it (under warranty). The problem would seem to be the anti-shake mechanism - it's a definite weak point. Another couple of symptoms I noted were that the image was vertically shifted compared with where the camera was pointed and that the 'no anti-shake' symbol was illuminated.

That's the worrying thing, because unless Sony have really sorted out this issue, we are soon going to see a wave of alpha100 owners reporting the same problem. It's certainly putting me off buying this camera.

Clive

Clive Egginton is offline   Reply With Quote