Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jul 26, 2007, 12:14 AM   #1

hello everyone !! I'm a newbie so I hope I'm doing this right !!

I've purchased a secondhand Kyocera S4 works great !! but it didn't have the cd-rom with it..would anyone know how I go about obtaining one so I can use it with my computer. thank you
julesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 26, 2007, 5:16 AM   #2

Hi julesr

You shouldn't need a CD to get the camera to work if you use Windows XP, it should "see" your camera as a "removable disk". Users of other cameras recommend that a card reader is a convenient way of copying the images off the memory card onto the computer.A good thing to remember is to ONLY delete your images off the memory card by using the camera ....NOT the computer. Also, ONLY format your cards in the camera.

For a User Manual, look here, for your local Service Agent.

KK

Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2007, 5:19 AM   #3

Don't know why the URL didn't show ....it was there in the preview ....Oh! Well .... Let's have another go ... it should show between the two x's .... if it ain't there then I'm stumped!

kk

X

http://global.kyocera.com/prdct/opti...bal/index.html

X
Old Jul 27, 2007, 8:13 PM   #4

Hi KK

Thanks for your reply...My computer doesn't recognise the camera when I plug it in.. it doesn't even appear in the list of hardware to cooect ...I phoned a guy from the company and he said that its the driver..on the Kyocera website it doesn't have the Kyocera S4 there..I'm stumped !!!

Julesr
Old Jul 28, 2007, 5:55 AM   #5

What Operating system does your computer use?

I posted the URL for you to choose the nearest Kyocera agent ...... they should be able to supply a CD. I wish I could help more directly, but can't.

Do you know anyone with a card reader (can even be on a printer!), or anyone with Windows XP to see if it works from the camera on their PC ...that should eliminate a faulty USB lead/socket etc and confirm that XP does not need a driver ....the camera should appear as Removable Drive E: F: G: .... etc. Got a friendly Computer shop/Camera shop who would be willing to plug it in for you?

Cheers, KK
Old Jul 28, 2007, 11:37 PM   #6

Thanks KK I'll give it a go..

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"julesr