Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Aug 30, 2007, 10:56 AM   #11
TC3

Hey KK i especially like the shot of your car

So this Sunday off to Woburn Safari park with the dslr BUT i asked the wife if she would like to come and use the m410r and she agreed. Will be fun as i did not want to go alone and she got bored at the last zoo we went too so it will be good to see how she does.

So will post any decent pics she gets

Ciao

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2007, 7:49 AM   #12
TC3

Well we went to Colchester zoo in the end and wifey had been shown how to use the camera but didnt bother with it while there! I was using my dslr so didnt bother with it either. Poor camera must be feeling neglected

BFN

Tony
Old Oct 21, 2007, 12:42 PM   #13

Nice shots as always KK.

Very long time since my last post, seem to get caught up with lots of things.

Not really done much, have sold the Canon as I didn't use it; Ialways took the M410R with me.
I'm now waiting for it......dropped it and most of the shots had multicoloured lines down them, these lines also showed on the LCD screen.

It was sent to Alpha Photographic services who had it for about 4weeks before telling me it needed to go to Japan for repair, hopefully will have it back soon........

Ian
IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2007, 12:58 PM   #14

Hello Ian .... nice to hear from you ......... but what a bad luck story!

I suspect Alpha will have sent it to the UK repair depot to evaluate. If so, looks like they decided to send it back home, a mixed blessing I suppose ......... nothing better than the people who built it to repair it .... but takes longer. It would be nice to speed up the 4 week eval period though!

Let us know if the outcome is a good one.

Cheers, KK

Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2007, 1:18 PM   #15

Hi KK,

They had it for some time, I was told it would only be about two weeks, but it was sent back to Alpha as the spare parts were found to be faulty as well!

I was told Japan wouldn't send the parts out, so the M410R has gone to Japan.

Should be back in the UK end of next week, to be with me the following week at some point.....I hope!

Total time of about 8weeks, It wouldn't be so bad but I paid in the first week!

Lets hope it's all ok when it arrives back here, I could have claimed on the house insurance for a new camera, but there is still nothing out there that can match the M410R's EVF for clarity.

So I paid up for the repair, will let you know what happens.
I took this of high force when we stayed up at Barnard castle!

Ian

Attached Images

IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2007, 4:28 AM   #16

your not joking its been a while! Hi Guys!!!! :?

and hi from my first year in australia!

wow what a year its been! great and tiring all in one... good to see we are all still around and using the M410... still using mine still not been tempted away from it but getting close, wanting slightly better photos and seeing that the DSLR's arecatching up speed wise! definitly still use it for its compactness and lightness tho.. on the bike and out and about!

life has been busy, not quite what we expected,no time to do or see much here, just been busy doing the house have a look here as to what we have been upto!

http://picasaweb.google.com/rachandsteve

as you may gather we have no intention of returning, well we came back in august and were amazed / disgusted how bad derby and nottingham had got.. especially over the 11 months... we were keen to get back on the second day!

anyway... i have a few questions of you... maybe you can help?

The camera has always been a bugger with rechargeables, initially good but has got worse with its tolerance of the low voltage they supply, batteries are still good but it seems to struggle some days, fresh charged ones still showing as low... but not all the time... and sometimes only after a few days in the camera, with minimal shots...

second issue i am having is that it will not no matter what i do.. save the time and date when i change the batteries... something i have ignored for a while but its bugging me now! is there a small lithium cell that can be replaced? or is something just fundamentally knackered! :-)i dont remember it being like that!

i guess this is a bit of a hijack... but hey im saying Hi to you all too :G

hope you and your families are all well!

Steve

5teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2007, 8:08 AM   #17

Nice to hear from you Steve .... Glad your move to Oz is going well. I can't speak about Notts and Derby, but I know what you mean about life in Oz compared to life here ....... not in the least bit surprised you wanted to get back to your new home so soon! Hey! You'll have to change your location to Sunny Queensland (or is it the other Rockingham?) Nice pics by the way!

The two M410Rs do occasionally seem to not give a full session on NiMHs that you think are fully charged but I've never been able to figure out what is the cause. It doesn't happen often and I've been prepared to put it down to being mistaken about the condition of the batteries, especially as some of my AA sets are a few years old now and done excellent service (Hahnels) getting battered in my cameras and bike lights ....but I've had to throw the odd one away from a set as it refused to hold charge while the other 3 have been OK. I wonder if yours are in a similar stage of age and decay? I've always had a little suspicion though that there has been another (unknown) factor on the odd time that I or Angie has said that a set gave poor usage.

The loss of settings in my camera has only ever been when the set of cells has been left in the camera for too long and gone flat. I believe that Frazer told me ages ago that it uses a capacitor to keep the settings ....that would eventually go flat too once the AA cells were not able to keep it topped up. It just a matter of keeping an eye on the main AA cells and you should be OK.

Enough for now ........ send a M410R shot from Oz for us!

Cheers, KK
Old Nov 21, 2007, 7:48 AM   #18
TC3

Hi Guys

Nice to hear from you all. Ian i hope it gets back to you as good as new. Steve good to hear you have settled well out there and it is now your preffered home.....compared to UK that is not hard :-)

Regarding batts....i use to use decent rechargables on M410r but they gave only about 200 pics on the dslr so i triedEnergiser Lithium E2 batts and they last almost 1000 shots. I am never without a spare set so never run out of power. They also do not lose any power in very cold climates unlike many other batts.

Well i keep meaning to use the M410r again but since shooting RAW mode i dont bother at all with jpeg and i also like low light hand held photography using high iso such as 1600.....the M410r just cant do that stuff very well. Then i have to remind myself it is a compact well featured 10x zoom with a great EVF so i think it will be giving a run at some point.....maybe :G

Tony
Old Dec 3, 2007, 12:50 PM   #19
TC3

So i had a day free today and decided to get the M410R out for a play finally. However there is a problem with it and the display either in VF or LCD flicker and distorts. It also changes color from normal to green and white etc. New batteries did not solve the problem and neither did a sharp whack to the side of the camera. RIP i am thinking

Tony
Old Dec 3, 2007, 7:54 PM   #20

Hi Tony ....I've seen this multi flickering screen/EVF once or twice too.

Sorry I can't be more specific ....but it's always cleared up quickly and left me wondering what had happened beforehand to cause it.

Conclusions .....NONE! Suspicions ....a couple.

1) Damp! Either the memory card or the batteries or the power or functionswitches acting daft because I've had it in a damp atmosphere ...or brought it into a warm house from a cold damp outside.

2) Dirty/greasy/oxidised battery ends or dirty/damp battery contacts in the battery compartment.

It's a little like Steve's mystery poor battery performance for me ....it happens and then goes away ....it kinda points to it not really being the cameras fault directly ....more environmental in a way!

Give it a clean - any contacts where you can see them ........ blast the power and function switches with a can of compressed air ....leave it somewhere warm and dry and load a set of fully charged clean reliable cells before sending to the recycle bin.

Then send me a complaint if it don't spark back to life .... :-)

Cheers, KK.