Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Aug 23, 2007, 6:19 AM   #1
TC3

....i dropped in to see if any of the old gang are around. My Kyocera M410R has been gethering dust for over a year since moving onto DSLR but once again it will come out to play this weekend. Not prepared to take the dslr out on Rutland bike trail due to weight and the costs of the equipment so the M410R will be making an appearance once again....assuming it still works.

Will post pics if i get any worth posting and i would like to see pics from anyone still using the camera posted here too.

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 23, 2007, 9:24 AM   #2

Hello Hello Hello Tony!

No dust on my or Angie's M410R .... although mine has a couple of war wounds from travelling by bicycle! It is stillproducing pleasing results and I've not yet been tempted by some of the latest super zooms ...but it might be only a matter of time! I doubt I will ever go back to a big system digital camera, replicating my old film SLR outfit. For the types of pictures I take, I'm not convinced I need a DSLR.

The Contax SL300RT* is still being used frequently and is my "grab it and go" camera almost when ever I leave the house .... by bicycle, car or on foot.

I have taken to producing quite a few "joiners" or "panoramics" lately, using multiple shots and, usually, manual joining. I apologise in advance to viewers for the need to pan on the next few pictures (assuming they come outOK in the forum!)... but by their very nature, they are wide.:?I'm trying to make the most of the 1/4Meg we are allowed .....naturally the appeal of such shots can only be really appreciated at 100% size, because part of the enjoyment of these "joiners" is the apparent "increase" in quality compared to a single shot.

OK, first one from the M410R, a view from Barmouth Bridge up the Afon Mawddach shown at 25% from full size. This (and the next shot shown)takenon a great leisurely bike ride from Dolgellau to Barmouth along the estuary ....what a cracking cycle track!

Cheers, KK

Attached Images

Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2007, 9:34 AM   #3

Hmmm ........ only seen as an attachment ....never mind ....click on it! The forum format probably doesn't like the very wide aspect!

The 2nd shot from the M410R shows the bridge at the centre at 40%.

Attached Images

Old Aug 23, 2007, 9:42 AM   #4

Ah! That's better ... the 2nd one shows!

Here's one at 40% from the SL300RT*.

Why the residents need such a huge communal swimming pool, I don't know? They have the River Mersey to swim in at only 300yds away! :G

Attached Images

Old Aug 23, 2007, 9:45 AM   #5

Last one for now .... SL300RT* .... no joiner, straight shot... at 40%.

BFN KK

Attached Images

Old Aug 23, 2007, 1:19 PM   #6
TC3

Hi KK! Impressive shots as always from you....good job on the pans. Have missed the M410r to some extent but much prefer the dslr and kit myself. I knew i would one day have a reason to dig it out again though. Everyone has different needs i suppose and the slr route works well for me

Had planned to to the same ride from Dolgeallu as i have seen so much info on that route and have never been to Wales. Will have to give it a miss though this year for various reasons though.

Lets hope the weather is as good as they say for the weekend.

Bye for now
Old Aug 28, 2007, 2:15 PM   #7
TC3

Unfortunatly the weekend did not go the way i had expected and the Kyocera stayed at home. Hope you got some pics with yours over the long weekend KK

Tony
Old Aug 28, 2007, 4:26 PM   #8

'Fraid not! Too busy finishing off after the uPVC man had replaced all my house windows ........ it spawns a whole load of minor decorating tasks.

Still, managed to get a couple of pints in ... in the evening ..... when two different sets of friends enticed me and the good woman out on two different nights ....totally unsolicited and incredibly timely!

You'll have to make do with a few fun shots from earlier outings!

Cheers, KK
Attached Images

Old Aug 28, 2007, 4:27 PM   #9

No BallGames?

Attached Images

Old Aug 28, 2007, 4:29 PM   #10

Errrrrr ...... Saddle Sore?

BFN ...... KK

Attached Images