Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jan 13, 2008, 2:53 PM   #1
TC3

Ok i know it is belated but would like to wish the old timers on here a Happy New Year.

It has started well for me this year. I finally managed to save enough for a new bike and went for a Specialized Rockhopper (wanted one for years). There i was thinking how the M410R would be great as a ride around camera as i have no intention of buying another long zoom compact. Well this afternoon i was trying out the camera one last time and it is now working !

So i am very pleased my old friend is back and here is a pic i just quickly took to celebrate its return....nothing special....just a bored cat but i tell you what i totally forgot how good this lil camera can be and i had no intention of lugging an expensive bunch of camera equipment around on a bike thats for sure

TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 13, 2008, 3:17 PM   #2

I say ..... that is good ......very good ..........bl**dy amazing from a broken camera!

I'm glad it has reach its second wind (the camera ...... not the cat).

Hmmmmm! Rockhopper eh! Disc? Been eyeing up the Carrera Kraken 07 on offer and had a play with the upspecced Kraken 08 on Friday. Will I buy either .......I've still got an image of the spotty sc*mb*gs who took boltcutters to my Claud Butler being chased off by our security guards before they could make no more than a dent in the wire.

If they found out there was a Kraken for the taking it probably wouldn't last long ....I'd have to reserve it for a Sunday best ....and hope that they continue to ignore the budget Apollo I'm taking to College now!

Now you just got to take some "new bike" shots when you've got it muddy with your revived M410R.

Cheers, KK.

Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2008, 6:20 PM   #3
TC3

Hi KK

Glad they did not get away with the Claud Butler!

No i did not get the Rockhopper Disc. There is a reason for that. I totally was smitten with the 2007 Rockhopper satin black colour. So i looked around hi and low but was unable to find a disc version in black, in my size. I did find the non disc version though for 430 quid. So i had a choice of getting the non disc version in a colour i adored or a 2007 disc version in blue. My present bike is a blue Diamond Back, the 2 cars are both blue and so is the motorbike. No way did i want anything blue again :-)

Will be getting the bike next weekend so piccy to follow. Like you i wanted to get an 07 model and save some cash but the satin black swung it for me. Nice bike the Kracken and i agree keeping it for leisure use and using the Apollo to commute makes sense!

Also got a Garmin Edge 205 gps unit but returned it as it was not really meeting my needs. It was a good price from Halfords though....they are 89 quid at the moment.

Old Jan 27, 2008, 9:33 AM   #4
TC3

So the Kyocera is still working and i have posted evidence of that with a few pics of the bike. Gave it a clean as it was in a sorry state after a few rides in the wet. Am now on the search for a small saddle bag that will take the m410r as i have a few cycling trips planned for when i have time.

Rutland water is a nice short round trip and Lee Valley park is also a good place to cycle. Top of the list goes to the route KK did in Wales that follows the Mawddach Trail from Dogleau to Barmouth as i have never been to Wales. Some friends have given me details of proper mountain trails which i will also look into but seeing as the wifey wants a new bike and to come on the rides i doubt she will want to do anything more than rough tracks.

KK what did you decide regarding the Kracken?

Above all i am looking forward to using the m410r

Old Jan 27, 2008, 5:54 PM   #5

Hmmm! That is nice .....especially with Specialized printed everywhere. The stealth look is good.

PM on its way shortly...to save camera bods getting bored with Bike talk.

Cheers KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2008, 3:36 AM   #6
TC3

Glad u like it KK and looking forward to pics of your new one

Tony