Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jul 2, 2004, 7:45 AM   #11
TC3

I just got my 410R a day ago. Great camera but if you want manual exposure look elsewhere. Does not focus well in low light if at all. Focus lock is the nearest it has to manual focus which is no substitute really. A 256mb card can only hold 1 minute and 47 seconds of full res 30 fps video sothats not very handy. No SD card supplied with the camera.

Despite all that the features it does have are real good and all in a neat compact body....i love it!
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 4:05 PM   #12
TC3

Tried some pics in the pitch dark using the continuous focus mode. Even though you cant see anything the flash fires and the camera focusus ultra quick and the pics are fine.....the single shot focus mode doesnt work to well in the dark though. Flash is quite good and for those of you who like macro.....excellent pics.

It is not a video camera. Can you afford to buy a few 512mb cards to shoot video? For those of you who make a big deal about the video feature....dont get to excited. at the beginning and enf of video it starts light then goes a lil darker but like i said, it cant replace a genuine digi cam.
Old Jul 3, 2004, 3:20 PM   #13
TC3

So i went down London today and did a few pics...very happy with it in every way and using the spot focus helps get around having no manual focus to a degree. No regrets at all. I used to really be into photography with an slr and various lenses. Sold them and got a Sony DSC-P7 as i was sick of carry all the slr gear around. Sony camera gives very good pictures and is a 3m pixel camera. I was not expecting a 4m pixel camera to be much different but believe me it does make a difference and combined with the zoom...WOW. Cloudy day today but using shutter priority i had no trouble with the zoom at tele end and no camera shake at all and even zoomed up to freeze water drops in mid air....hand held.

So to sum up it is great to have the manual control i missed on my SLR. It is also great to have an EVF that gains up and allows you to frame your shots perfectly. It is also great to be able to adjust manual controls while looking thru the EVF and it is something i missed with the sony as it just had a normal viewfinder. Certainly if you are moving up from a normal viewfinder camera to this you are in for a treat.

Go buy one what you waiting for???

no sorry, am to lazy to post pics

Old Jul 3, 2004, 5:46 PM   #14

Thanks

Butt the movie mode

I'll just wait for the pentax to decide (if not I might regret it:-))

Enjoy the camera!!!

Ed

Is it a heavy camera to carry round your neck?

ed33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2004, 4:31 AM   #15
TC3

erm what Pentax is that?

You are doing the right thing holding off. I had decided not to buy anything as i couldnt find the camera i wanted with the features and looks and size. Once the Kyocera came out i was hooked and it is by my side all the time so.....smile:|
Old Jul 4, 2004, 5:03 AM   #16

Pentax optio mx It is already in some online shops. It has 10 zoom, mpeg 4 video and zooming by video too. Is is slightly smaller and lighter but has a bit of a funny shape.. I'm waiting for the revieuws. (It costs around $ 390 in the USA)

Thanks for your help and maybe... let us see some pics!

Ed
Old Jul 4, 2004, 7:01 AM   #17
TC3

I just checked out the Pentax, looks daft to say the least and the Kyocera has a slightly faster lens. Na i am confident i made the right choice. You can zoom when you do movies with my camera but you cant have sound if using the zoom. File sizes will be just as big for movies.

The Pentax does not look like a camera, if thats your thing fine but i will try putting some pics up of what i have done though i havent too many

Old Jul 4, 2004, 7:13 AM   #18

TC3 wrote:
Quote:
File sizes will be just as big for movies.

The Pentax does not look like a camera, if thats your thing fine but i will try putting some pics up of what i have done though i havent too many

File sizes should be half the size (mpeg4) Double as much video on a memory card.?!?

I also dont like the way it looks...That holds me back too.

Would love to see some pics,

Ed

Old Jul 4, 2004, 9:35 AM   #19
TC3

M410R has MPEG4!

I have tried and have not been able to put the full size pics onto my yahoo pic page and i have no other way of hosting pics. Try downloading the pic from my yahoo album...it didnt work right for my friend but it might for you

http://uk.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/....com/my_photos
Old Jul 4, 2004, 10:55 AM   #20

TC3 wrote:
Quote:
M410R has MPEG4!

I have tried and have not been able to put the full size pics onto my yahoo pic page and i have no other way of hosting pics. Try downloading the pic from my yahoo album...it didnt work right for my friend but it might for you

http://uk.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/....com/my_photos
Hello TC3 thanks for letting people have access to your images on Yahoo.

I have taken the liberty of downloading a couple of images so that I could have a look at the EXIF information.

Those are nice images and are reassuring as I have just ordered the M410R!

Harryo

Harryo is offline   Reply With Quote