Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jul 4, 2004, 11:11 AM   #21
TC3

Glad you can download the images. You will not be disapointed in the camera i am sure....it is gonna be a huge hit and i am sure they will come out with some accessories in time.

Did you order from Pixmania? They do it for 290 plus i have a 10 quid discount code and they give a free 2 year warranty as it is normally 1 year.

TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2004, 11:42 AM   #22

>TC3 wrote:
>Did you order from Pixmania? They do it for 290 plus i have a 10 quid discount code >and they give a free 2 year warranty as it is normally 1 year.

Yes, Pixmania appear to have the best price, I also had a discount code which was in a photo magazine that I had bought.

Price worked out at £279, at the moment the order is "being prepared" so hopefully it should arrive this coming Tuesday.

Harryo

Harryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2004, 12:34 PM   #23

Thanks alot for the pics. They look really good!:-)I would appriciate it very much f you could post a samle movie!!!

Are you sure about the mpeg4? Could you tell me how much video would fit on a 256 mb card? (4min = mpeg2 and 8 min=mpeg4)

I can have the camera at the a local store round my corner for € 399!!!

Is it a heavy camera to carry around ?

Ed

ed33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2004, 1:22 PM   #24
TC3

Harryo i ordered mine last Friday and it came on Wednesday....just track the parcel and expect it Wednesday morning.

ed33 i am looking at the PDF instruction manual i printed out....it is infact 1 minute and 50 seconds of full res 30 fps video that will fit on a 256mb card. I apologise but i made a mistake and the files are in AVI format and not MPEG4. This is no issue for me as i will hardly use that feature but it is a handy thing to have.

I ordered a Panasonic high speed sd card and once i get it i will post a video. Even with my cheap PNY 64mb card it did a smooth 30fps video full screen!!

ed i suggest you go and hold the camera in your dealers and see how neat and compact it is...and nope it isnt heavy but with the batteries in it is a nice weight
Old Jul 4, 2004, 1:37 PM   #25

Thanks!

I hope to decide soon....:?

Ed

ed33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2004, 8:16 PM   #26

Great info - has helped me in deciding between the M410R and the Olympus C765 (still undecided though - but leaning towards the M410R all the time...).

TC3, I know it's early days for you, but have you used any wide angle lens and filters on the M410R yet?

stez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2004, 1:37 AM   #27
TC3

I am just looking around at the moment at wide angle lenses. It is something i have never looked into for compact digi cameras, maybe kyocera will develope one specifically for the M410R. Might send them an e mail when i get time to find out. Will be interested to see if anyone of you guys who gets the camera reies one out
Old Jul 5, 2004, 1:40 AM   #28
TC3

stez wrote:
Quote:
Great info - has helped me in deciding between the M410R and the Olympus C765 (still undecided though - but leaning towards the M410R all the time...).

TC3, I know it's early days for you, but have you used any wide angle lens and filters on the M410R yet?

If looks play any part to it....put them side by side and keep the filter adaptor on the M410R all the time like i do (looks great) ....tell me the C765 looks as serious or as cool as the Kyocera and i wont believe you!
Old Jul 5, 2004, 7:17 AM   #29

pentax optio mx seems to be 3,2 Megapixel camera. Maybe it competes in different category (3,2 class), also looks more like videocam than digicam with 10xopt X 10xdigizoom = 100x Zoom combined. I dont believe it cancompete M410R or C765 in pic quality.
jan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2004, 8:05 AM   #30
TC3

I know....we can convert this topic to...slag off the Pentax MX:-)