Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jul 5, 2004, 8:38 AM   #31

Hi

Thinking of getting M410R, anyone got any comments?

Does the make of SD card really make a difference, as the price varies for a 256 between 30 and over £100. What is Pixmania like etc. Steve
StevePn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2004, 8:56 AM   #32

StevePn wrote:
Quote:
Hi

Lots of comments if you read this topic

''I know....we can convert this topic to...slag off the Pentax MX:-)''

Just you wait....

Ed

ed33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2004, 9:00 AM   #33
TC3

StevePn wrote:
Quote:
Hi

Does the make of SD card really make a difference, as the price varies for a 256 between 30 and over £100. What is Pixmania like etc. Steve
Pixmania do the camera for the best deal and throw in a 2 year warranty free. They are based in Paris and takes a few days to get your stuff but the company is rock solid and huge so they are a safe bet.

Read steves review of the camera and you will see that the faster cards enable you to use the fast continuous shooting mode and very smooth video. Having said that i have a cheap PNY card and it performs fine and the camera still is fast!

I oredered my Panasonic card from Amazon.com in USA as the cards are so much cheaper there then here.

So if you could be a lil less lazy and read this topic right through you will see comments on this camera:roll::-)
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2004, 9:02 AM   #34
TC3

ed33 wrote:
Quote:
StevePn wrote:
Quote:
Hi

Lots of comments if you read this topic

''I know....we can convert this topic to...slag off the Pentax MX:-)''

Just you wait....:P

Ed

:O
Old Jul 5, 2004, 9:14 AM   #35

I wanted the smilie that sticks its tongue out but I get the angry one?!? I tried to edit and now I got the juming one?!?

Anyone else got that problem?

I just ment to say...just you wait till the review of the entax come out...

Ed

Old Jul 5, 2004, 9:15 AM   #36

Actually. I've already sent Kyocera an email if there's any special considerations on using lenses for the camera (autofocusing, vignetting, etc).

I think I'm more or less decided now that the M410R is the one for me - just a waiting game for the price to come down as to soften the blow :-Dand use the savings on some 52-55mm lenses for my coast-coast USA roadtrip in September.

Seems Pixmania and Warehouse Express are competiting against each other for the price of this camera (yesterday, Warehouse was cheaper than Pixmania, and now today Pixmania is cheaper...) - a drop of nearly £20 since I started looking at M410R.. hope it continues :-)
stez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2004, 9:33 AM   #37
TC3

I have done 2 drives across USA so can confidently say that camera will be ideal! What route are you taking? Am off to USA in 5 weeks so hopefully i can pick up a good priced wide conversion lense...all we got to do now is await for a reply from Kyocera...please let us know what they say stez

Get an extra 10 quid of by using a discount code which for this month i think is dpuser0704
Old Jul 5, 2004, 11:33 AM   #38

Not taking any particular routes, but the more scenic the better! Going to do it for 40-days, concentrating mainly on the west coast and move towards New England, etc by fall to see the lovely trees. (you can see why I want a decent camerawith wide-angle lens and filters now!). It's a pity I have to familarise it before I go else I'd get the kit a lot cheaper in the US but hey, I can't have everything.

A quick look at http://www.pricerunner.co.uk (more specifically http://uk.pricerunner.com/photograph.../199009/prices ) will show Pixmania's latest discount code which places the M410R at £282 inc. delivery - I'd like (wishful thinking?) to see it drop to £250-260-ish. :evil:

Will get back to you if Kyocera replies (I'd be surprised if they do though).

One more question TC3, what was your supplier that sold you the memory card, I Froogled for the Ultra SD cards and I seem to get $45-$50 shipping which doesn't make US suppliers too appealing. Cheapest UK stockist is £104 plus £4 for p&p.

(edit for price on SD card)
stez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2004, 12:13 PM   #39

For the ones that are interested, the first pentax pics online...

http://forum.digitalfotonetz.de/viewtopic.php?t=7769
Old Jul 5, 2004, 12:31 PM   #40
TC3

Stez try here

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...804726-3905517

Scroll down to the $69.99 list and the first one is by techtoysforless.....i sent mine to my wifes relatives who have posted it to me. If i was you i would by a cheap card out here and then get some out there when you go

My camera cost 290 delivered and i am happy with that so if you get it any cheaper thats a even greater deal

Sandisk cards are unreliable so why bother with em when the Panasonic is just as good