Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jul 5, 2004, 12:40 PM   #41
TC3

ed33 wrote:
Quote:
For the ones that are interested, the first pentax pics online...

http://forum.digitalfotonetz.de/viewtopic.php?t=7769
yes but it isn't a nice looking thing ....i mean have you no taste or sense of self respect:lol:

TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2004, 12:40 PM   #42

Thanks TC3, nice and cheap, good shipping rates and Amazon.com tells me I can't have it when I enters into checkout... someone up there is playing with me. :roll:

That pentax optio mx... *shudders* :shock: I concur with TC3...
stez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2004, 12:28 PM   #43

How many pix can you get on a 256 card? I ordered the camera with card and battery charger last week (should be here by 07/14). I can't seem to get a satisfactory answer anywhere I have checked. I guess it depends on the specific camera, but since I bought this Kyocera, it would be nice to know! :-)
wendyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2004, 2:21 PM   #44
TC3

I am still waiting for my 256mb card to come but on my 64mb card i can get around 46 in the highest res in fine mode. This can vary a lil depending on how much info is in the pics but wont be much of a difference. Let me know what you think of the camera once you get it

Enjoy
Old Jul 12, 2004, 5:00 PM   #45

I'm still kinda new to the digital camera scene. It took me years to decide to "convert" (love my Canon AE-1 slr!). I'm a little nervous about the fact that I won't be able to manually focus (I have another camera with a built-in zoom that I finally quit using because it would focus on something in the background - especially on close-ups). Any insights on this? I'm taking the Kyocera with me this weekend for a short trip - I'll let you know what I think when I return . . .
wendyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2004, 5:47 PM   #46
TC3

Use the spot focus as it makes a difference and set the camera to CAF which is continuous focus cos its basically better in flash photos in very dark rooms

Good luck with your shoot. i have taken maybe 450 shots now and have learnt how the camera needs adjusting for different situations....thats half the fun anyhow
Old Jul 13, 2004, 2:02 PM   #47

Hi TC3

How's the M410R going then? Ordering this week when I get paid!

Spoke to Kyocera and they recomended the 256 Dane-Elec XS card, managed to find one for about £42 delivered. What make are you using?

Keep us posted on how the camera's going.

Regards

Steve :|
StevePn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2004, 3:35 PM   #48
TC3

Hi Steve

good to hear you are going to order the camera. I have been using a PNY card up till now but today my Panasonic card came and you can tell it is faster and the 3.3 frames per second is great!

Simpletech are panasonic cards re packaged apparently and are very fast so take a look

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...97369&rd=1

I have been learning how to master the flash and all it takes is a bit of practice and the results are very good.

Isnt Cheddar Gorge near Salisbury if i remember right as i went there last year and the main area where the caves are is a lovely place for photos.
Old Jul 14, 2004, 1:35 PM   #49

Cheddar is abou 40 miles away. never been there, but wait until my camera arrived and a trip will be on the cards

Steve
Old Jul 14, 2004, 2:38 PM   #50

Found a good site for SD Cards. http://www.valueflash.co.uk/SD_card.htm

Steve