Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old May 5, 2004, 8:19 AM   #1

Being next to buy a new camera, I still hesitate between the Canon Powershot S1 IS or Panasonic Lumix FZ10 or Kyocera Finecam M 410 R, at this moment, I haven't been able to find a "serious" review of the Finecam

Can anyone help me to find one or, maybe, will Steve give us this review, nextly ?

Regards to everyone from France, and many thanks in advance.
Houlala is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 10, 2004, 8:51 AM   #2

yes, i'm about to buy the m410r too, and would *very* much like to read a review of it. so far, almost all reviews were positive, but mostly written by amateurs. also, if somebody knows of a test review for this camera (that's not in japanese), i'd be very interested.

thanks

s.
sarefo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2004, 3:55 PM   #3
Administrator

We'll post our M410R review soon, two cameras ahead of it at the moment and one of those is now finished so it should be in a week or so.

6/24/04 update: The M410R review is now online.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/m410.html
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2004, 10:06 PM   #4

Ah...good news on the pending review...I'm looking forward to reading it.
davisdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2004, 10:41 AM   #5

Hi

I have just bought one on ebay.

I already have an Olympus C300 but with 2 young children I wanted a bigger zoom.

It was a choice between the c765 and M410.

I will post my comments soon.

Thanks Steve for your review.
changsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2004, 12:37 AM   #6

Well.

Seems to be a great review for a great camera.

Alas, the M410R is hard to get in France and its price way high compared to the prices in US.

Just wait a few weeks when the prices go down and the availibility is better.

Thanks anyway, Steve, for your job.
Houlala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2004, 12:21 PM   #7
TC3

Hi to all

Just ordered this camera on pixmania for £280 pounds with a 2 year warranty

anyhow i should be recieving it on Tuesday. Has everything i wanted in a camera in a neat looking package. The Kyocera has a very good EVF and some excellent features. While it may not have manual focus or total manual exposure control it still offersaperture and shutter priority which is all i ask of it. Basically for the money it is a gem and also looksgreat in black. Couldn't believe how light it was when i held it at the local dealers on Saturday.

I didnt want to get a Sandisk ultra sd card for the simple fact that i have seen a lot of topics discussing the realibilty of the cards. So i ordered a 256mb Panasonic fast sd card. It is the model number RPSDH256U1A.

I realise the card is not as fast as the Sandisk ultra but will it still be able to capture video smoothly at 30fps and and be able to provide the 3fps in continuos shooting? Hope someone can enlighten me on this

Thanks
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2004, 1:17 PM   #8

Hello!

On Steves sample pictures I see that when I play the movie on my computer it gets much darker than on the picture. Is that the cameras fault?

Is the video mpeg4?

How much video fits on a 256 card?

Thanks!

Ed
ed33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2004, 5:30 PM   #9

Very disappointed.

Under exposes and the flash is far to bright.

Exchanging for C765
changsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2004, 1:15 AM   #10
TC3

Out of over maybe 150 shots fired off with flash i would say i had 5 or 6 that were over exposed and they range from macro to full room shots, i have had maybe 300 outdoor shots and under exposed shots werefew.

Don't give up on it....try the manual controls and the exposure compensation....or have you tried the different metering options? Do you understand how to use the Histogram to help get the right exposure? If you still aren't happy good luck with the Olympus....i personally didnt like the feel of it in my hands or the looks and it has not got as wide a range ofshutter speedsor as good an EVF among other things

Very happy with mine and it's a keeper though i do miss manual focus at times. What i paid for it it offers good value for money

TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote