Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jun 28, 2004, 8:31 PM   #1

(also posted in Panasonic forum)
OK I have narrowed my choices down to the FZ10 or the m410r and now I cannot decide which way to go. I am an extremely amateur photographer looking to take some pics of my new daughter/family pics etc. as well as some action shots of skiing/waterskiing/wakeboarding etc. so the burst multiple shot capabilities as well as the zoom lenses of each are appealing.

Here are the main issues I am debating. Any insight/advice as to which direction I should go would be greatly appreciated.

I like the unlimited multishot functionality of the m410R but hate the fact that it doesn't have IS. Does the fact that it shoots so quickly make the IS more of a non-factor?

I like the IS that the FZ10 has, but don't like the fact that the EVF and LCD freeze during the burst/multi-shot function from reviews that I have read. Is this by design... something that panasonic can fix through a firmware update? How limiting is this freezing to current owners of the FZ10?
Thanks in advance for any and all replies
eblom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 29, 2004, 3:49 AM   #2
TC3

The FZ10 is not as compact or as good looking as the Kyocera in my opinion. I like the fact that i can still view the subject as the camera records the image...having the image freeze up on you when taking action shots is very annoying as it is very hard to frame a shot this way.

Concerning the IS.The lens is fast and as long as you use a shutter speed of 500 1000 or 2000 there is no reason the image should not be sharp as long as you hold it right.

My Kyocera comes today
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2004, 9:56 AM   #3

I'm also starting to like the Kyocera. Could you post some pics after you've got it because i f I compare the pics with the canonis they seem less clear but it could also be a different light as each pic was taken on different days so its hard to compare. I find it very important to get clear crispy pictures.

I would also like to know if the movie function is ok.

Thank you!

Ed
ed33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2004, 3:24 AM   #4
TC3

Well it still hasnt come but will today as i have been following the DHL tracking on their web site. I ordered a SD card from the USA cos it was cheaper and once i have that i will post a few pics...i know you get a 16mb but thats pretty useless and is only good as an emergency back up card...it will also be a slow card so must wait for the high speed Panasonic card to fullt test all camera features.

It seems to me that a lot of people have interest in this camera and so i am hoping that some accessories will be avaliable before long
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2004, 4:18 AM   #5

Thank you!

Looking forward

I just hope the camera is not too big and heavy as oficially I was looking for something compact but I would love the big zoom... I think I'll be going to the local store today to have a look.

Ed
ed33 is offline   Reply With Quote