Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jul 7, 2004, 8:36 AM   #11

TC3 wrote:
Quote:
What are you views on the camera?
Thanks for the info on the Uniross charger and batteries, will check that out on eBay.

As regards my thoughts on the camera I have only 'played' with it for an hour or so, this morning spent a lot of time going through the instruction manual on my computer, would have preferred a full printed manual!

I like the size of the camera and the excellent viewfinder, I would also have preferred full manual mode but can make do with aperture priority and shutter priority modes.

Two things I would have liked on this camera would have been 'one shot AF' and an indication in the viewfinder of the zoom setting ie: x3 etc.

At the moment I am still going through the manual and will 'tweak' the cameras settings, I have already disabled the awful 'bleep' noises!

Harryo
Harryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2004, 12:22 PM   #12
TC3

Further e mail from Kyocera UK

Dear Tony,

The case we will have will be almost identical to the leather case that was illustrated in the photo
(The actual one will be slightly larger)

Sorry the Japanese case will not be imported into the U.K.

Perhaps you can order from Japan from the web site ??

Personally I think you will like the new leather case we will be getting - Perhaps wait and have a look at one.

Sorry I cannot be of any further help.

Best regards,

Alastair

Kyocera.

So i am going to wait and see if the case is any good otherwise i will have to find a way of getting one from japan.

Harryo the first thing i did was switch those annoying beeps off! I am not fussed weather the zoom scale is present or not as it isn't going help my composition and any short comings the camera has are balanced in other ways. There is no perfect camera as of yet!
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2004, 5:15 PM   #13

Interesting news about Kyocera looking into developing lenses for this camera... don't think they will havethem out before September, so I mightbuya general wide-angle lenswith this camera.

I still haven't got a reply from Kyocera (probably 'cos I used the Japanese site...).

As for the Uniross charger - I also wholeheartly recommend it and worked well abroad (Sri Lanka). I say this because I've noticed some chargers/transformers are fussy about different main powers abroad.

Kyle
stez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2004, 9:14 PM   #14

Hi

Just about to buy a Kyocera M410R.

What brand of SD card is most people using? Getting a bit confused as to which is best, a standard or high speed. I don't think I will be using the camera for video, if that helps. Looking at a 256mb.

Regards

Steve:?
StevePn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2004, 3:13 AM   #15
TC3

Kylei will be interested to hear of your experiences with wide angle lenses and the camera.

Steve i just went out to PC world and got the cheapest card they had as i was anxious to try out the camera and ended up getting a PNY (made by Panasonic and Toshiba i think) 64mb card. Very impressed with it and it can actually record smooth video but it isnt fast enough to give you 3 frames per second shooting. However the camera is still faster then any i have had before even with the cheap card.

I think you can get a 256mb one for 40 quid at PC World. I ise e bay a lot and have a 256mb high speed Panasonic card coming which i bought in a buy it now auction on e bay and with postage it has cost me £52.50. It is a very fast card and will allow you the fast frame rate and it is a Panasonic and you cant go wrong with them. My advice is steer clear of SanDisk as they have been known to be troublesome and it isnt worth risking your pics on a card like that. I am sure some others on here use different cards that they are happy with.

Bottom line is see whats on offer on E Bay and save a few quid

Old Jul 8, 2004, 8:14 AM   #16
TC3

Check this out....if the card is as fast as they say thats a bargain

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...63480&rd=1

Just read up on a website they are in fact repackaged Panasonic cards as Harryo mentioned...hmm now i am thinking why did i buy the Panasonic when this is 18 quid cheaper posted....

Old Jul 8, 2004, 10:59 AM   #17

I have a couple of those Simpletech 256MB Pro cards bought via eBay and have been happy with them, they came from a different eBayer than the one in the link that was posted.

They took about a week to ten days to arrive from the U.S.A

Harryo
Harryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2004, 12:06 PM   #18
TC3

Recieved this e mail today from Kyocera:

Dear Tony,

You may find this of interest.

Best regards,

Alastair

Kyocera.

----- Original Message -----

To: <[email protected]>

Cc: <[email protected] >

Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 3:52 PM

Subject: Conversion Lens for M410R

Hi Alistair

I have tried your mobile but your mail box is full and wont accept any new messages. The email sent to Lucia regarding conversion lenses for the M410R camera did not contain the customers email address so please forward the information on.

I recommend Raynox lenses as I believe these are the best quality available but they can be expensive - you get what you pay for I suppose. Raynox suggest that the customer requires the following:

Adapter ring RT5249 £9.99 (Jessops code RAYRT5249)

Wide Angle DCR6600 Pro 0.66x lens £109.99 (Jessops code

RAYDCR6600PRO)

Further details and sample images can be viewed at
http://www.raynox.com

I hope this helps.

Regards

Gary

Gary S. Coxon

Digital Buyer

The Jessops Group

This could be an option if you cant wait for Kyocera to make a wide angle

Old Jul 8, 2004, 5:33 PM   #19

According to Raynox's website, you only need the camera's own adapter (I noticed that this specifc lens has a 52mm thread).

http://raynox.co.jp/english/dcr/dcr6...xdcr6600eg.htm

It retails for around $130 in the states.
stez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2004, 2:14 AM   #20
TC3

Yep i noticed that too...i hope someone tries one as i am off to the States in 5 weeks and can pick one up there