Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jul 6, 2004, 11:55 AM   #1

Can anyone recommend a camera bag for use with the Kyocera M410R?

Looking for a smallish bag that will take extra batteries and cards.

Cheers - Harryo
Harryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 6, 2004, 1:55 PM   #2
TC3

Just got an e mail from Kyocera uk....here it is and i will put a pic up soon of the bag:

Thank you for your e-mail and nice comments on our new Kyocera M410R digital camera.

[size=][/size]We will have a leather custom case available by the end of July 04 and this product should be in the shops by early August

[size=][/size]Please see attached photo.

[size=][/size]The selling price of the case will be £29.99 inc VAT and it will be available from all Kyocera digital camera stockist.

[size=][/size]As far as a wide angle lens is concerned I believe our company in Japan are looking into the possibility of having this item produced.

[size=][/size]We will keep your name (e-mail) on record and let you know if one comes available soon.

[size=][/size]Yours sincerely,

[size=][/size]Alastair

[size=][/size]Kyocera.
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2004, 2:00 PM   #3
TC3

here it is
Attached Images

Old Jul 6, 2004, 2:33 PM   #4

Hi TC3,
Thanks for posting the image of the official M410R case.

I had a look on the Kyocera Japanese website and they have two cases listed.

At the moment I am using a Tamrac Digital 6 bag which I use with another camera.

Harryo
Old Jul 6, 2004, 2:44 PM   #5

Just as a follow-up to my previous message, I have just revisited Kyocera's Japanese website and only one of the cases listed on the website is for the M410R, the other one is for the M400R.

Harryo
Old Jul 6, 2004, 3:23 PM   #6
TC3

Harryo i just visited the Japense sight....that bag looks more like a good fit then the pic i was sent so i assume i was sent the wrong pic in error
Old Jul 7, 2004, 1:11 AM   #7
TC3

Harryo check out E bay for a Panasonic fast 256mb SD card which is perfect for our camera and you can get one on there for 52.50 delivered! I originally had ordered from amazon.com but i was sent a different card so sent it back!
Old Jul 7, 2004, 2:25 AM   #8

TC3 wrote:
Quote:
Harryo i just visited the Japense sight....that bag looks more like a good fit then the pic i was sent so i assume i was sent the wrong pic in error
I must admit the bag shown on the Kyocera Japanese site looks entirely different from the image that you received.

Because of the small size of the M410R I would prefer a purpose made bag for it and the Kyocera one looks perfect.

Harryo
Old Jul 7, 2004, 2:40 AM   #9

TC3 wrote:
Quote:
Harryo check out E bay for a Panasonic fast 256mb SD card which is perfect for our camera and you can get one on there for 52.50 delivered! I originally had ordered from amazon.com but i was sent a different card so sent it back!
At the moment I am using Simpletech SD cards which I picked up on eBay for use with my other digital camera (people on other digital forums have claimed that they are rebadged Panasonic).

I think Kyocera are rather mean not including at least a 16MB card with the camera when you buy it!

Hopefully I have some Toshiba 256MB cards (Japanese not Chinese manufactured ones) heading my way, should arrive in a week or two.

Out of interest I have just tried attaching a Sony tele lens to the Kyocera but it then becomes a totally unbalanced package due to the weight of the Sony lens!

I emailed Kyocera Japan to find out if they would be introducing tele and wide-angle add-on lenses for this camera, will be interested in their reply.

Noticed from your previous posting that Kyocera UK have aleady mentioned that they are looking at an add-on wide-angle which would be ideal.

Admittedly the Sony, Olympus and Raynox lenses will fit the camera but the handling of the camera is affected due to it becoming an unbalanced package, a Kyocera lens sized in proportion to the camera is the answer.

At the moment I am looking to buy rechargeable batteries to use in the camera so have been reading a couple of articles on this website related to that.

Harryo

Old Jul 7, 2004, 3:12 AM   #10
TC3

After a lil research i bought a Uniross Sprint 2 hour charger which comes with 4 2300mah batteries. You get a car charger with it and it is universal in that it works in any country and with its small size is ideal. Cost me 25 quid on E bay but you can buy it in some online shops for 30. Argos sell it for 40 quid. I also got 4 extra batts for 9 quid.

I can recommend this charger and one charge gave me around 180 shots and half were with flash and i also played about with the camera a bit. With both packs charged i have a good power supply at hand plus the spare alkalines in case of emergencies.

I also like that case on the Japanese web site. I think that the guy who mailed me back made a mistake as the pic has an old date on it so it must be some other case. I assume he was talking about the one on the Japanese site and thats the one that will be avaliable to us at the end of this month.

I agree the camera needs a lens that will be in porportion with it and hope they do a wide angle soon.

What are you views on the camera?