Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jul 23, 2004, 6:13 AM   #1

Well, I got my Hama HR x0.5 lens today. Alas it came in a damaged box wrapped up in Royal Mail apologies. I think I probably get a claim as the lens are slightly scratched.

Anyway, nevertheless, I tried it on to see if there would be any problems with this type of lens anyway. Yes, vignetting do occur, but only at the camera's widest angle (default) setting.

The autofocus had a hard time working at the highest zoom - hence some pictures are blurred (not camera shake) - so I'll have to look at the pdf manual for more details on the autofocus to see if I can improve the pictures. I'm not sure if it's a big deal 'cos I probably won't need the detail for landscapes. Close-ups and mid-range shots are sharp and detailed.

See for yourselves at http://www.kylesterry.plus.com/camera - the small images are actually 700x500 reduced again so 1) it may take a while to load the page, 2) clicking on them brings up instantly the 700x500 size without further downloading.
stez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 27, 2004, 5:53 PM   #2

Uploaded some more pictures taken with my camera (thumbnails only due to account size) - quite a lot of it were taken with the wide angle lens.

http://www.kylesterry.plus.com/photos (2mb page)

(and.. no they aren't self portraits) :lol:
stez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2004, 3:55 AM   #3
TC3

Thanks for putting the pics up. I will probably wait a bit to see what else is avaliable
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote