Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jan 28, 2005, 2:52 PM   #31
TC3

Kyocera Kid wrote:
Quote:
Don't HM Customs and Excise slap a (un)fair wack on goods from outside the EEC, including the shipping too?

Or is it pot-luck?

Cheers, KK

KK

Dependson how sraight the vendor is

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2005, 3:03 PM   #32

I've always been dubious about that, don't really want to buy abroad and then get nailed for import duty.

Anyone been done this way?

What was the cost?

Ian
IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2005, 3:08 PM   #33

Guess why I asked!!

And Royal mailcharge on topfor collecting it for HM C&E too! Worked out about 25% if I remember correctly!

Cheers, KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2005, 3:47 PM   #34
TC3

I ordered 50 quid worth of stuff andended up paying about 9 quid for cusoms and handling charge. Since then i have ordered a ton of stuff from USA and always ask seller to send as a gift which they nearly always will so you are not charged customs. Sometimes i get things sent to a USA address if someone is sending us a parcel anyway

Tony
Old Jan 31, 2005, 3:35 PM   #35
TC3

Well no DCR 250 for me for a while so i got a Jessops +4 filter in mint condition for4 quid of e bay and it should be decent enough if KK's pics with his close up filter are anything to go by...will post pics a weekend if i have it by then

Tony
Old Feb 2, 2005, 4:47 PM   #36
TC3

Close up filter came today and tried it out quickly and was pretty impressed. I like the way i can stay about 10 inches away from the subject and still fill the screen with an iteman inchacross. No pics worth posting yet though

Tony
Old Feb 2, 2005, 7:00 PM   #37

Good bang per buck eh? (Hope that isn't rude!)

Any sign of CA? Try to get the +4 lens as close to the front element as possible, by usinga home-made adapter tube.... but watch out for the slight lens elongation on zooming.

Go find something that flies ....... no! not with flies..... and post the results!

Cheers, Bob.
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 7:37 AM   #38
TC3

KK

I would not have got it if i had not seen your own pics with the close up filter. I took some hand held shots of a small metal model and they came out well with just the light from a desk lamp. On zooming in i did dee ca around a part were the back ground was white otherwise it prob would have not been noticeable much. Plus i left the camera on auto but will try stopping the lens down at f8 next time

It is a 52 mm so maybe i should get a 49-52 step up and try that without the Kyocera filter adaptor. For now i will use it as is but there is not many flying small things around me right now.....i only showered this morning...LOL

I will post a pic at weekend.

Tony
Old Feb 13, 2005, 3:46 PM   #39
TC3

As i have had no chance to use camera this weekend i thought i would post these to show what the 4x Hoya filter can do.....cost 4 quid from E bay

Camera without filter at max macro
Attached Images

Old Feb 13, 2005, 3:47 PM   #40
TC3

camera with filter at max zoom....the metal model is a lil rough....cheap ornament :-)

It shows the head at the right of the above pic
Attached Images