Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Feb 19, 2005, 1:33 PM   #71

Just to try and keep inline with others I've tried to get more of the battery in shot.

Attached Images

IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 2:30 PM   #72
TC3

Ian

You are digital zoom mad! It does get close to the battery but it does no favours for the image quality. However the M410R has a useable digi zoom as you have shown us Get yourself a close up filter from e bay...mine was 4 quid and is only 11 quid new from Jessops.

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 2:33 PM   #73

Now ..... that's reasonably impressive, Ian! and No CA!

Out of interest .....can you hand hold the shot .....and at what distance was this ......OK that's lazy ....I'll see for myself!

KK

Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 2:38 PM   #74

The camera was about 3ft away, I don't know about hand held, I had the dog and the little one running about so Tripod!! I think if you braced your arms enough may work.

Tony I will look at getting a filter, just tried that as I don't have one.

Ian
Old Feb 19, 2005, 3:00 PM   #75
TC3

Wait a minute...image the filter and the digi zoom!! No time to try it out as wifey wants me to watch some cgic flick she just rented out :roll:

Tony
Old Feb 21, 2005, 5:18 PM   #76

KK,

You have used your made up extension tube with a 49/55mm step-up ring then a blank 55mm filter. Would there be less CA or more if you used 49mm blank filters with a 49mm Close-up lens on?

Just trying to think how the angles would work and the best part of the filter glass, assuming the edge would be the worst then larger size would be better and vice versa or am I looking(pardon the pun) at this completely wrong.

Would it be better to go from 49mm to an even bigger size?

The reason behind this is the size of the raynox DCR250 lens, the back part is a 43mm thread the front 49mm. this then pushes in the snap holder.

http://raynox.co.jp/english/dcr/dcr2...exdcr250eg.htm

Instead of the £36 for the raynox what about butchering some 49mm filters and slapping a really good 49mm close-up or macrolens on that?

what do you think.

Ian

Old Feb 21, 2005, 5:36 PM   #77
TC3

As this question is not directed to me...i have nothing to say....for a change :-)

Tony
Old Feb 21, 2005, 5:38 PM   #78

Tony its directed at anybody who has any ideas.:-)

Sorry I will leave all questions open :-)

Ian
Old Feb 21, 2005, 5:46 PM   #79

Hang on ....I'm seeing Egrets before my eyes ....working on another super-panoramic!

My usual close-up set up is ...... working from camera body out ...... 49/55 + blank 55 + blank 55 + Close-up lens.

The idea is to get the close-up as close to the front element of the camera lens as possible without it clashing with the lens. You have to allow a little for the fact that the zoom lens (front) does move out slightly when it is set to max optical zoom. The two blank 55 filters were chosen to get it just right. Remember that different make filters and possibly different make step-up rings will be slightly different heights.

The supplied tube is (in my opinion) just a little too long and even at maximum optical zoom, leaves the close-up too far away.

Given that the front element of the M410R is only about 25mm diameter ..... I think it would not matter in the slightest if you just used a stack of 49mm blank filters then a 49mm close-up lens, or a 49/52 step-up then a couple of blank 52mm filters and a 52mm close-up lens or ....as I have done ..... gone for the 55mm option.

I only chose the 55mm option because I have stacks of 55mm stuff for my Contax gear ...... including the +3 Close-up lens and various metal lens hoods!

If I were working from scratch, and I had no other gear to influence me .....and given that Kyocera supply a 49mm to 52mm adapter ........this would sway me to go the 52mm route. It is likely that 3rd party accessories will be 52mm because they will match Kyocera's tube.

Cheers, KK

Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 5:48 PM   #80
TC3

I think KK did use his home made set up to get the filter as close to the lens as he could........am perfectly happy with just using the extension tube that comes with the camera as the CA really is not that bad.

The DCR250 looks kinda odd with that universal fit adaptor dont you think ?

Tony