Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jan 22, 2005, 7:48 AM   #11
TC3

Update....i just checked on line and i can get a Raynox 6600 Pro for 52 quid from USA and my wifes familly will ship it for free! Something worth considering i suppose
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 7:58 AM   #12

Nice saving ..... £99 at Jessops I think.

Do a Google ...... there are some shots on WWW ..... but some seem to show more vignetting than my Electro lens! Might be worth a trip to Jessops (cough, cough) to try one out!

Cheers, KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 8:11 AM   #13
TC3

Have done some searching....seems that the raynox is designed for outdoor use and also some peeps moan about softness in the center. A trip to Jessops seems to be the next step....when i get the time

Tony
Old Jan 26, 2005, 7:56 AM   #14
TC3

Hi Guys

I have decided to buy the Raynox lense as it offers a wider view then the Electro Aux lense and as i work in architecture that will be critical for me. Some people find the lense is not sharp at the corners but as long as you go with the Raynox guide as to what if any spacer you need then everything should be fine.

Will be a while before i get it as am buying it from B&H in New york who will ship it to my mother in law in USA who is sending us a parcel anyway so that saves lots on shipping ....and tax

Tony
Old Jan 26, 2005, 8:16 AM   #15

Good stuff ...... It'll be great to see some more results on the forum.

Cheers, KK
Old Jan 27, 2005, 2:30 PM   #16
TC3

....and have once again decided to not buy it LOL. It does give soft images at the sides and so i looked at the DCR 720 and that has barrel distortion so i am NOT getting a wide angle lens for now...am looking at the DCR 250 though:roll:

Tony
Old Jan 27, 2005, 3:53 PM   #17

Doh!

Tell you what Tony ... wanna play with my Yas Wide Aux for a week? I could lend you a 52>55mm step-up too.

It's yours to try for the cost of a two way trip byParcel Farce:lol:

I've just found a Hoya 52mm Lin Pol - in very good condition, good threads, no marks, but no box etc ...... anyone in UK want to make a nominal offer for it.

cheers, KK
Attached Images

Old Jan 27, 2005, 4:04 PM   #18
TC3

KK

Cheers for the offer but everytime i borrow something something goes wrong :roll:

I have been offered the aux wide angle and aux tele lenses like you have for 18 quid and that includes shipping and they are in very good unmarked condition with a leather case and end caps....is that what you meant by buying them cheaply or are they over priced?

Someone will snap up that polarizer!

Cheers

Tony

PS...im the one in themiddle in the avator:-)

Old Jan 27, 2005, 4:10 PM   #19

I think that's an excellent price,....... one that you should easily recoup, if they turn out to be not your cup of tea!

...... pass it on if you're passing it by!

BTW ....I'm usinga 55 Pol ....and anyway, I have another 52mm Pol ... so this one will never be used again!

Cheers, KK

Old Jan 27, 2005, 5:00 PM   #20
TC3

Thanks for the advice KK and i think i will get the lenses together with the DCR 250.

The lenses are described as good used condition with no scrathes and i got him down to 15 quid including postage to my relatives in USA

Here is a pic of em
Attached Images