Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Aug 27, 2004, 3:34 PM   #1

Hello all. New to the forum and new to the camera. I've only had it for a couple of days but I'm truly loving it. Had a low-end Sony 2MP camera and really hated it. Love the macro, the EVF, the zoom and the USB 2.0. I have a lens doubler I use with my Sony Digital8 video camera and it works pretty good on this camera.

As to my reason for this post, I was hoping that someone here has information on a power supply I can use with the DC-in port on this camera. The Kyocera website doesn't show one and the manual has no specific information on it. (Not that I can find). The only info I have is the negative/positive layout referenced at the connection. If anyone here has been using one successfully, I'd be interested in the brand and model number.

Thanks for any help!

Edit:

Oh yeah, I live in the states. I guess you need to know where in the world I'm located so that I can get the right voltage. :roll:
TuxOmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 27, 2004, 9:46 PM   #2

I see the AC adapter AC-73L mentionned here:

http://global.kyocera.com/news/2004/0202.html

KCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2004, 1:57 PM   #3

Thanks KCan! That's a start at least. I did a Google search for the AC-73L and only found online sellers in Japan or UK. One place in the UK offers the AC-73L bundled with the Kyocera SL300R. The Kyocera Online Store offers a lot of accessories, including the AC-74L, but not the 73L. Icalled a local dealer and was told they will have to bring it in from Japan. So, for now, I will continue lookingfor a US sourceor try to find the voltage parameters of the AC-73L.

The interesting thing is that my camera came with a suppliment booklet with Kyocera's recommendation that you use the AC adapter when you connect your camera to the PC. When I told the local dealer I wanted the AC adapter, he asked if it was to connect to the PC, and if it was that I should buy a card reader instead. The card reader, he said, was more efficient. Well, I guess that's true because my camera locked up once while connected to the PC and the only way I could power it off was to open the battery cover. I didn't like that momentary stress! So, l willbuy a card reader in the next couple of days, but that is not the primary reason I want the AC adapter.

Thanks again for your response!
TuxOmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2006, 12:47 PM   #4

You message was 1 1/2 years ago, but I find myself in the same problem, a SL300R Contax camera and I lost the charger.

Kyocera Contax is no longer in the Camera business and seems to have no AC-73L AC adapters available.

Does anyone have the specs for this adaptor, Input Voltage along with Amperage.

With this information I can experiment with no name AC adaptors. I may fry my camera but without an adaptor it is worthless.

Thanks

COBOCONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2006, 1:02 PM   #5

Send me your "worthless" camera :-D

Cheeeeeeeeers KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2006, 1:25 PM   #6

OK... OK ....I will try to be more helpful!

Contax SL300RT* takes a 3.7volt 780 mAh Li-ion BP-780S (a.k.a. HL-780). There are many deals on external chargers and battery/charger deals on WWW and Ebay.

Using an external charger is great if you have two batteries ....frees up the camera while battery #2 is on charge.

The Charger supplied with the Contax SL300RT* is the AC-73L ....... has a 5v 1700mAh output. Centre pin is +ve, outer is -ve.

Note that there are reports that the Contax P8 (with 4 Nimh) not only powers the Sl300RT* but will charge the internal battery! I made my own "P8" out of a 4 cell holder and a lead! Don't go mad with 4 x Alkaline cells (=6V).

See.....

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=19

Need any more ....just ask :sleep:

Cheers, KK

Old Jan 28, 2006, 2:16 PM   #7

Thanks for the info. After I left my message I found both the batteries and charger on EBay. I also contacted the number on the Kyocera Optics web site.

They replied and the have both the charger and batteries for sale. The only problem is price. Batteries at $60.00 and charger at $69.00. Compared to EBay pricing of $20.00 to 40.00 each.

I also purchase a no name charger that is the correct voltage and amperage for $2.98.

Thanks again.

COBOCONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 2:23 PM   #8

Anytime ............ KK