Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Aug 28, 2004, 9:10 PM   #1

I have used long zooms for a number of years, beginning first with the OIympus 2100UZ. The rapid shooting times and the very useable LCD/EVF really appeal to me.

Do you find you have used these features very much? Most of my digital photos are taken handheld. As long as I keep the shutter speed high, I would guess that I will not have problem. Would that be correct?

I also like the compactness of the M410R and the fact that it does not have to extend its lens. Can you fill me in a bit more based on your own personal experience, please? I would really bappreciate it. Thanks so much!

Sarah Joyce
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 29, 2004, 5:13 AM   #2
TC3

Hi Sarah and welcome to the forum

I have taken over a 1000 pics with mine. the EVf is excellent and the LCD is also good to use in bright light. Ihave used the zoom at full telephoto hand helda lot ofthe time and the lens is quite fast so you would only need a tripod in low light. This camera has not got image stabilization but it is no big deal as the camera makes up for it in other features. The 3.3 fps shooting is greathave used it several times i.e. catching birds in flight and flapping wings,pics of jet skieszooming around etc.

The camera is a good weight to hold and buttons placed very well so you can keep eyes on EVF while making changes. Great macro feature and i have had some excellent night photography shots. Noise has not been an issue to me and have taken pics at 400asa that came out very well

I would recommend it to anyone!

TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2004, 2:42 PM   #3

Dear TC3-

Many thanks for your comments on the Kyocera TC3. I would love to see a sampling of ten or so digital photos for the M410R, showing a variety of photos ranging from macros to portraits, to landscapes, to night shots.

It sounds like a very impressive digital camera that I would to have. I am especially interested in macros and night shots.

Thanks again for your help.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 30, 2004, 8:49 AM   #4

i use it for macro and use also add on lens from raynox dce 1050 ( 72€ ) and you can take something like this

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...amp;forum_id=7
chris doudet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2004, 1:27 PM   #5

Congratulations, Chris-

Thanks for sharing your super macro digital photos. They are terriffic!

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 30, 2004, 7:18 PM   #6

I second TC3's opinions and for low light situations - a tripot is a must.

I use the zoom all the time - it has a fast responsive motor for this and I've taken well over 3000 pictures in about a month (most of it were deleted) - simply because I just use the camera's very fastcontinuous shooting mode a lot and just pick out the best picture.

I'll see if I can cobble together some pictures online in a few days' time for you to have a look at.
stez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2004, 8:53 PM   #7

Thanks Stez-

I really appreciate the effort putting together a selection of digital photos.

Here is an interesting situation: Jeff Keller the owner of www.dcresource.com is currently doing a review of the M410R and reports that his sample photos," all have a strange color cast and a dull and life-less look ton them." It is not the white balance and photoshop has not fixed the problem.

Any ideas?

Sarah joyce
Old Aug 31, 2004, 7:43 AM   #8
TC3

speaklightly wrote:
Quote:
Thanks Stez-

I really appreciate the effort putting together a selection of digital photos.

Here is an interesting situation: Jeff Keller the owner of http://www.dcresource.com is currently doing a review of the M410R and reports that his sample photos," all have a strange color cast and a dull and life-less look ton them." It is not the white balance and photoshop has not fixed the problem.

Any ideas?

Sarah joyce

What do you mean any ideas? Mine has never given a colour cast or do they have a dull and lifeless look. He is either doing something wrong or the camera is faulty.

No one on here who owns the camera has moaned about those things. Do not let it put you off buying one just because he has had a problem.

By the way, check your private messages.
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2004, 10:58 PM   #9

I sincerely want to thank everyone for their kind help and continued encouragement. My new Kyocera M410R arrived today, just in time for my upcoming trip.

Now I will have to really work hard on my M410R skills. All of you are great photographers. I will have a lot of catching up to do.

Sarah Joyce
Old Sep 1, 2004, 5:43 AM   #10

sarah, post your photographs, do not wait to have a very good one, just share

chris doudet is offline   Reply With Quote