Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Oct 3, 2004, 4:23 PM   #1
TC3

I know we had this topic before but was wondering if anyone has recently tried a wide angle lens on the camera and if so what is the verdict?
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 3, 2004, 5:53 PM   #2

I posted a comparison pic using the Yashica Electro wide angle aux lens.

Steves Forums > Digital Cameras > Kyocera / Yashica > Yashica Electro 35 Auxiliary Lenses

Verdict ...... pretty good ..... no major drop in quality .... minor vignetting with the supplied Kyocera filter adapter. An effective way of going wider on a budget!

I am now using a DIY shorter filter adapter, made from a 49/55mm step-up and a blank ring off a (now) rubberless 55mm rubber lens hood :O. This allows me to get the accessories closer to the front element of the 10x zoom lens. I haven't tried the WA aux lens yet with this set-up (it worked a treat with my +3 dioptre close-ip lens) ...... I'll post a shot when I've had a play.

It willbe interesting to hear of other users' opinions on more modern aux lenses!

Cheers, KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2004, 9:40 AM   #3
TC3

Hi kid, i was thinking of buying a raynox lens but will wait till i am sure kyocera are not bringing out a lens for the M410r, which would match its dimensions
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2004, 3:01 PM   #4

Please tell me if kyocera releaseses a wide angle lense becaus eI am looking to buy one too.
darklurker is offline   Reply With Quote