Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Oct 9, 2004, 7:36 AM   #1

Anyone in the UK tried the M400/410R's video output?

I've tried the video output on two TV's, one modern, one about 8 years old. The output is not very stable on either, showing flickering around the outer edgesto about 1/4 the way in. It's fine in the centre.

At a friend's house, last night, I tried it on his modern widescreen TV and got the same results. His Canon was almost, but not quite, rock-steady. We even tried the M410R with his lead.....still got the wobbles!

Of course, I checked it was set to PAL ! I've only mentioned UK because the NTSC output may be perfectly fine.

Cheers, KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 24, 2004, 2:39 PM   #2

Help .... is there anyone out there? ....... someone in the UK try the video please!

TC3? CQ ....CQ ....... Come on in TC3!

Cheers, KK
Old Oct 27, 2004, 12:07 PM   #3
TC3

Sorry Kid havent been around lately but will try out the pal video mode within the next few days and let you know how it works for me
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2004, 1:28 PM   #4

Nice to see you are back! Hope you can help me get to the bottom ofmy PAL/TV problem.

BFN KK
Old Oct 28, 2004, 4:36 PM   #5

hey KK

i've tried the PAL output and it is shaky.... not good! i tried NTSC as most telly's now can interpret this pretty well and its fine. solid and good quality. my tv is about 7 years old and it deals with ntsc so anything newer should be able to.

HTH's

Steve
5teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2004, 6:17 PM   #6

Hey! NTSC ....does go stable .... I'll be darned! :O

One strange thing though ....... it was fine for ages ....then I touched something on the TV controller (that I shouldn't ... apparently!) ..... and the picture went to perfectly steady mono

I had to reset the TV with a complete mains off, to get it back to colour again.

What is going on?

I wonder if TC3 can confirm any of this?

Thanks for the tip, 5teve.

BFN KK

Old Oct 29, 2004, 5:02 PM   #7

Always a problem when connecting my M410R to any PAL TV. I noticed some other cameras has this problem too - and the same also occurs if you tried to display a computer's graphics on the TV (eg, a laptop's TV-outto the TV's SCART).

I wonder ifpart of the problem is that the video signal from the camera may be interlaced(many scan rates) giving a shaky picture on PAL TVs, sometimes with horizontal lines visibly shaking/flashing... I also wonder if you get better results on HDTVs but I don't have deep enough pockets to jusify such TVs nor has my friends ;-)

The change from colour to grey Kyocera Kid is probably down to you inadvertingly selecting a certain AV signal. Note that the very older TVs may only show in greyscale.
stez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2004, 5:11 AM   #8
TC3

Pal was shaky on a Samsung TV but not on the new Philips TV we have and NTSC was fine on both. Probably time the camera had a software update dont you guys think?
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2004, 7:33 AM   #9

Maybe my TV's need updating too! Thanks everyone. I am more reassured that it's not just my camera!

BFN KK
Old Nov 1, 2004, 5:49 AM   #10

im wondering if the output of the camera is actually a pal60 output? its a cheating way of getting 25fps pal out of a true 29.997 ntsc output newer tellys support pal60 (as all of ours do) but i wonder whether the output in pal60 is jerkyin the older of the new tellys here (if you follow me?) just a thought anyway
5teve is offline   Reply With Quote