Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Nov 11, 2004, 10:05 AM   #1

Hey folks im off to egypt tomorrow taking my m410r for its first serious outing! with all that sun i'll hopefully be able to take advantage of the speed of the camera... as the pyramids are renound for being fast :?

if i get any good shots i'll post them on my return

Have a good week all!

:-)
5teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 11, 2004, 12:48 PM   #2

Have a good trip Steve .... let us know if it's sand-proof and dust-proof :-)

Cheers, KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2004, 7:36 AM   #3
TC3

Enjoy yerself and post pics when you get back even if they aren't your best ones
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2004, 5:11 PM   #4

Well too late for 5teve - but I found the camera to be fairly dust proof having had it out in the dusty Death Valley. Just be sure to protect the lens... :roll:

As for sand - I wasn't bave enough to drop amonsgt the sand dunes in southern Arizona :-)

stez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 3:51 AM   #5
TC3

I took a lot of pics in dusty conditions out in Arizona too and the camera has done well keeping the dust out. Just as well as we will be moving to Arizona in 3 years time
Old Nov 14, 2004, 6:56 AM   #6

Here TC3, some pictures from my roadtrip - http://www.kylesterry.plus.com/roadtrip/ - all reduced size. Some of them aren't the best pictures and I probably have better amongst the 1000+ pictures I've taken.

Kyle
Old Nov 15, 2004, 8:03 AM   #7
TC3

Thanks for sharing Stez you got some very nice pics there. That was one hell of a long road trip you took!
Old Nov 16, 2004, 8:12 AM   #8

Looks like a great trip Kyle, judging by your photos, thanks for posting the link.

Can I ask what camera they were taken with, and did you use some form of aux lens on some of the shots?

Cheers, KK
Old Nov 19, 2004, 4:09 PM   #9

I used Finecam M410R with a cheapie (and therefore crappy) wide-angles lens on it. The lens are HAMA 0.5xHR WIDE ANGLEDigital Objektivwhich can be had from the likes of amazon.com for about £40-£50. I also have a Coikin circa polariser as well.

The wide-angle lens are designed for camcordersso they aren't the sharpest lens in the drawer but they are cheap andonce youlearn the limitations, you can use it quite well (my personal, beginners opinion).I would have gone for Raynox if I had the money though.

Next week I'll be off to the French Alps fora few months (long skiing trip - with some work at a ski resort ).

Old Nov 20, 2004, 12:28 PM   #10

Thanks Kyle.

I'm glad to see that the corner distortions I spotted in some of the pics have a good explanation (other than the camera itself).

I have played with some old aux lenses intended to be used with the Yashica Electro Rangefinder cameras from the 1960/70's .... not bad results. The corner distortion is still there, but not as severe as in your Hama's shots.

You can see an example at:

Steves Forums > Digital Cameras > Kyocera / Yashica > Yashica Electro 35 Auxiliary Lenses
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=19

If you're interested, I can email the larger originals.

Skiing? Have a good trip ....err ....break .....err ......vacation

Cheers, KK