Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Dec 19, 2004, 9:42 AM   #1

i have posted a few pictures from the zoo in the wildlife forum

click here to have a ganders......

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=11
5teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 19, 2004, 2:02 PM   #2

Thanks for posting these Steve.

Love the Penguin! .... but what on earth is the fur-ball on the grass mound that you say looks warm!:?

Cheers, KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2004, 2:10 PM   #3

Thanks Steve,

Very good photos, just shows what a good camera this is!!

Still not managed to find a shop that has it in stock but I only wanted to see what the image was like in the EVF. Have used the canon S1-IS and that only has a resolution of 114,000 pixels this is more than twice that!!

I have no problem with the quality your photos show that

I think I've just sorted out the Christmas present from the wife!!!!!!

cheers Ian
IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2004, 7:29 AM   #4

HI Steve,

Have sent the pictures, you should have them today or tomorrow.

I printed out the one on this web site and the full image you E-mailed me, couldn't really tell the difference on a 5"x7" photo.

Let us know what you think

Cheers Ian
Old Dec 21, 2004, 8:31 AM   #5

will do ian..... thanks for sending the piccy too! lets just hope the royal mail do their job right!

let us know how you get on with your camera!

have a good xmas

Steve
Old Dec 21, 2004, 8:32 AM   #6

Kyocera Kid wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for posting these Steve.

Love the Penguin! .... but what on earth is the fur-ball on the grass mound that you say looks warm!:?

Cheers, KK

kk i think its a prarie dog...... but i cant remember! they have swapped a few things round so these are where the meer cats used to be!

Steve
Old Dec 22, 2004, 11:16 AM   #7

IanWgglswrth wrote:
Quote:
HI Steve,

I printed out the one on this web site and the full image you E-mailed me, couldn't really tell the difference on a 5"x7" photo.

Cheers Ian

Wow Ian what can i say.... they look absolutely stunning.... far better than i ever manage to get from my cruddy old c84! im thinking the qualityof the paper has a lot to do with it too.... so i may just run some decent ink and paper through my printer just to see what it can do when conditions are right!

the only downside i can see is the running costs.... i know they are cheapcompared to otherdye sub printers, but its still cheaper for me to go to boots and get them to rip a load off! (maybe its just me being tight!) i guess the huge advantage is that you are in control not some spotty 16 year old pressing a go button on a big machine and therefore get far better pictures out.

are the printers coming down in price now? or do you think they will soon... they seem to be coming quite popular and you seem to see them everywhere.... i have just been to makro and the have a sagem an epson, an olympus, and a canon! not that i would ever buy a bit of kit like that from there.

again thankyou so much for sending them, a very generous thing to do! i hope you get your m410r soon and enjoy playing!

Thanks

Steve
Old Dec 22, 2004, 1:06 PM   #8

5teve wrote:
Quote:
IanWgglswrth wrote:
Quote:
HI Steve,

Cheers Ian

Wow Ian what can i say.... they look absolutely stunning.... far better than i ever manage to get from my cruddy old c84! im thinking the qualityof the paper has a lot to do with it too.... so i may just run some decent ink and paper through my printer just to see what it can do when conditions are right!

the only downside i can see is the running costs.... i know they are cheapcompared to otherdye sub printers, but its still cheaper for me to go to boots and get them to rip a load off! (maybe its just me being tight!) i guess the huge advantage is that you are in control not some spotty 16 year old pressing a go button on a big machine and therefore get far better pictures out.

are the printers coming down in price now? or do you think they will soon... they seem to be coming quite popular and you seem to see them everywhere.... i have just been to makro and the have a sagem an epson, an olympus, and a canon! not that i would ever buy a bit of kit like that from there.

again thankyou so much for sending them, a very generous thing to do! i hope you get your m410r soon and enjoy playing!

Thanks

Steve
No problem at all,

I took a risk in buying the Hi-Ti, not that big a risk as they do a trial so you can send it back but the results are just excellent so its not going back!

I think more people should look a bit closer at these printers they are very well made and dead easy to use but the results speak for themselves, the more people buy them the cheaper they become and the consumables, so I hope I've converted you to Dye-subs eventually anyway.

I think the Hi-Ti printers will come down, the 630PS which is virtually the same as mine, just won't except all the types of storage card and it will only print at 6"x4"

Started out at I think about £200 it was replaced in june by the 631PS the only difference being the different card slots on the front.( you can now get the 630PS for £119 on Ebay, type in Dye-sublimation. The company selling them will except less my brother offered £99 and the guy said yes!!!) They are brand new just never sold so the guy thought he would try and get rid of them on Ebay.

The 631PS is now £169.95 again only 6"x4" though.

My camera won't be here before Christmas, but have just bought a cheap slide/negative scanner so making up a CD to play in a DVD player for the mother inlaw as the slides are from 1965!!

Not bad at all, from Jessops only £99 resolution is only 1800dpi but thats ok for printing at 6"x4" so I have got lots to play with!!

Cheers

Ian