Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jan 2, 2005, 8:25 PM   #1

Hi i am newbie to the world of digital camera. i have just bought a sl400r. i am trying to use the Continuous shooting mode to capture pictures of children playing. But the picture will be blur if the children are moving. :?

Any one can help me with the setting ? Or any advice to help me get better picture? Thank you.
VinceC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 3, 2005, 3:19 AM   #2

my guess would be that this is inside and the light levels are not high enough to get the shutter to open and close quick enough to 'stop' the action.

is it blurred in the sense of its out of focus? or is it motion blur?

if it is motion blur i normally shoot about 10 shots and normally one of them is ok i know this isnt much help, i cant sayi have taken many fast moving photo's yet tho.... not at low light.

if you can give more info about where the shots are being taken and what seetings you are using.... even post a resized picture as an example? than im sure that a few others will jump in with far better suggestions.

Thanks

Steve
5teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 9:40 AM   #3

ok. I will try to take some photos and upload to let you have a look. I try to play around with the camera again thanks.:-)
VinceC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 6:39 PM   #4

i have done a similar job at rollei-stand at photokina. light was very bright. subject was standing still but camera-at iso 100-was wide open 2.8(no problem with sharpness/depth-of-field) but exposure time was 1/33 when i moved the camera to take stereo-shots. only the first image(camera standing still) was of best quality. no tripod used. all images handholding. it was rollei dk 4010. prints made on kodak endura(highgloss-metallic-like) fantastic contrast photopaper in a minilab(doli of china). when you see it you will forget all other digiprints like inkjet etc.
europanorama is offline   Reply With Quote