Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jan 10, 2005, 9:41 PM   #1

FYI - my 410 arrived today. I opened the box, put my rechargeable batteries in, went to put the 16 mb card in -and there was already a card in the camera!

This must have been used and returned or something, as there was a 256 (not high speed, unfortunately:sad XD card in the card slot, with about a half dozen pictures on it. My wife said the pics were of Hasidic Jews. I don't know, just guys with beards to me. At any rate, the camera seems to work fine, plus I got the 256 card and pics of some strange fellows. Sweet.

BTW - I bought one of the Yashica WA lenses off Ebay today as well. Thanks, KK.
Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 10, 2005, 10:29 PM   #2

hmm...did you buy it from an online store? Or this camera is supposed to be in brand new condition? If it's supposed to be in new condition...then that kind of thing wouldn't be acceptable to me. ie...a online store giving me a used camera.
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 7:11 AM   #3

Yes, it was from an online store. The advertisement did not say it was used.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 7:53 AM   #4

If the camera was not resetted thenumber of the pic will be the actual number of photos that have been taken with the camera. i.e. kif 3000 would mean that at least three thousand photos where taken by the camera.
gerrard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 7:53 AM   #5

If the camera was not resetted thenumber of the pic will be the actual number of photos that have been taken with the camera. i.e. kif 3000 would mean that at least three thousand photos where taken by the camera.
gerrard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 7:57 AM   #6

Hope you likethe WA.... and didn't pay too much for it!

Let's hope only the card was used andregard it as a bonus, rather than the camera was a used item!

Cheers, KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 8:00 AM   #7
TC3

Stewart i would be wary as to why the camera was returned and i personally would ask for a brand new model....256mb cards cost very lil on e bay anyway so that is no reason to keep a used camera....up to you
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 5:19 PM   #8

Iam glad you are happy. I was wondering what site you bought it from. I do not want a used camera, why was it returned???:roll:
renee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 7:17 PM   #9

1. I paid just under $16.00 total, including shipping, for a wide angle and telephoto Yashica Electro lens. They came in a little lens bag/protector.

2. The online site I got the camera from was digitalfotoclub.com

3. Personally, I don't care a great deal if the camera is slightly used or if it is a demo model, as long as the use is not apparent, and the camera functions as it should. So far, so good.

Stewart
Old Jan 15, 2005, 1:48 AM   #10
TC3

Got mine from Pixmania in new condition and unused. Why pay new price for a used camera :roll:
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote