Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Feb 27, 2005, 6:15 PM   #101

Nice shots KK,

Glad to here your not too badly hurt.

On your3 good thingslist I thought you were going to list the camera's not damaged!!!!

I wonder if that could be classed as "Extreme Photography"

I shouldn't joke about it but like you point out your here to tell the tale.

Hope all is well.

Ian
IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2005, 2:27 AM   #102

ouch! one of my worst nightmares..... its frightening how many motorists dont see you even when you have lots of light pointed at them. Thay are programmed to see something car size... or at night 2 lights of a certain size a certain distance apart.

i went out on mine too yesterday KK.... had a couple of idiots (not as bad as your prize one tho) and then some snow! nice ride over to matlock.... just the longest i had done for a while and i felt it too....

so hows the knee the morning after? and hows the bike? you said you might be looking for a new frame! I have only been hit by a car once.... an experience i dont want to repeat as it was head on! the driver was a bit surprised when i landed on his bonnet!it was years ago when i was doing a paper round.... came up to a junction as he pulled into it but cut the corner that badly ended up hitting me.... i wasnt hurt but the bike was! oh and his bonnet was! had plenty of close encounters tho since then.... but im generally very cautious when approaching junctions now... as the amount of people i have had pull out in front of me is scarey!

nice pics by the way.... my camera hasnt been out for a while but will be getting a week in dorset as from next monday.... hopefully get some nice shots while im there.

Thanks

Steve
5teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2005, 7:47 AM   #103
TC3

KK

Hope your not feeling to sore this morning...now you can sue the driver and get some nice camera gear :-)

Have you ever asked your contact at KYUK why the M410R is not on their website?

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2005, 8:23 AM   #104

Thanks Ian, Steve and Tony

I've taken the day off .....left knee, shoulder and thumb all ache ....especially the knee ..... nice big bruise appearing. Apart from that, a general ache all over ....probably caused by automatically tensing up for the fall!

No cycling for me for a few days at least ......darn .... only 40 miles short of the 2K. I will have a look at the rear carrier and top stays, chain stays and wheel, later on, if I loosen up a bit. I think the carrier took most of the impact .... 3 down tubes look bent in (at bumper height!) ..... might be able to straighten them ...... or might get the lady to cough up for a new one. I just hope the frame/wheel ain't twisted. I don't want to make a big deal out of this ......... it shouldn't be ... but it is an unfortunate side to cycling!

Dorset, now there is a beautiful county! We want to see those pics when you get back (Hmmmm! ...with digital and a suitable connection ....no need to wait 'til you get back!)

Hi Tony ...... Yes .....M410R missing off Kyocera UK website .......I think I know why ....... best off list really! ...... have I got your private email?

BFN KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2005, 9:06 AM   #105

Hi kk

Sorry to read about your accident. From your description it could have been much worse.

Hope you get back to your best soon

Bye

G

gerrard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2005, 9:34 AM   #106

Thanks Gerrard ....... Yep! It sure could have been!

BFN KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2005, 10:11 AM   #107

Quote:
Dorset, now there is a beautiful county! We want to see those pics when you get back (Hmmmm! ...with digital and a suitable connection ....no need to wait 'til you get back!)

we are staying in a wooden lodge with no telephone.... and the G/f would kill me if i went off hunting for a internet connection! the only laptop i have access to is that heavy its unreal... not cause of its age.... cause of the power of it! 3.4ghz hyperthreaded cpu.... 120gb hdd.... 128mb gefore 5600...etc etc... powerful but hardly laptop! :?

im afraid you will all have to sit and wait for me to get back.... i doubt it will be worth the wait tho :G

steve
Old Feb 28, 2005, 10:58 AM   #108
TC3

Steve

Leave the gf and take the laptop....you know it makes sense :-)

sounds like you are in for a real nice stay and with all that nature around you should hopefully have a few chances to take some good pics....enjoy

Tony
Old Feb 28, 2005, 10:58 AM   #109
TC3

Steve

Leave the gf and take the laptop....you know it makes sense :-)

sounds like you are in for a real nice stay and with all that nature around you should hopefully have a few chances to take some good pics....enjoy

Tony
Old Feb 28, 2005, 11:46 AM   #110

should be nice.... we opted for a bargain holiday instead of the one abroad as we have booked florida (staying in disney) for september.... then i can give all my memory cards something to think about :Gi'll have to invest in a kingmax (as they are dirt cheap now) 512mb card before i go! if i took 400+ photo's in egypt im looknig at well over 1000 in disney i'll be looking for some stunning night shots of the shows... im going to see if i can sneak a tripod over!

i must say i cant wait for next week as we are both dead busy and fed up of work! it seems to get in the way of everything else we have to do!

Steve