Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Mar 5, 2005, 2:05 AM   #121

Hi TC3

Thank you Tony. I had never used that mode before. I will try itnext time.

It can save a lot of time playing around with settings, and histograms.

And don't leave your fingerprints around. you might regret it!:lol:

Bye

g

gerrard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2005, 2:47 AM   #122
TC3

Hey G

Funny how many peeps do not read the instructions right the way through...:roll:

:-):-)

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2005, 4:00 AM   #123

Its true Tony,

I did read the instructions when I bought the cam but a lot of the terminology was new to me so I didn't understand everythuing at the time. Seems I need to read then again now.

Just got a shock a few minutes ago.-Whent to clean my camera lens and noticed a scratch at about 11 o'clock slightlly above the centre(4 or 5 mm).I've taken several shots now with the cam but could not notice any thing in my pics. Any suggestions how to really chek if the scratch is effecting a pic?

Seems I have to learn the hard way. Always keep the adaptor on but although i have a uv filter and I knew its a good idea to keep on at all times I don't.

Bye

g
Old Mar 5, 2005, 8:52 AM   #124
TC3

G

you better get into the habit of leaving the uv on. Use aperture priority mode and take a pic at F8 with a light source close at the side of the lens and try and take a pic of something dark. Make sure the camera is at its widest zoom.

This has helped me find scratches on my old slr lens before but i am not saying it will work for you too. Nothing to lose by trying

Hope for your sake it is not affecting the pics

Tony
Old Mar 5, 2005, 11:55 AM   #125

Hi tony

You'r right. I tried taking photos with a 70 watt bulb l very close by.

Resulted in a very visible streak at the top slightly to the right corner. Sometimes even worse with the uv filter on as the reflection from the scratch is reflected back into the lenss from the filter itself.-Like though even the slightest of dust particleslooks likea crater so hopfully it will not be that bad in real photographic situations. But I 'm a bit pessimistic about getting good results in low sunlight situations.

Really disappointed-my fault.-the adaptor does reduce the risk of getting bad results though.

Bye

g
Old Mar 5, 2005, 12:48 PM   #126
TC3

Hope the scratch is not to obvious in every day shooting. Can i ask if you used Infinity setting when you took pic of moon? It just takes patience andexperiments and you will get the low light pic you want trust me

Tony
Old Mar 5, 2005, 3:42 PM   #127

Yes Tony I set the cam to infinity.

Bye

g
Old Mar 6, 2005, 10:30 AM   #128
TC3

Hey G

Whats the verdict with the scratch? Is it affecting every pics or not?Hope all is well

Tony
Old Mar 7, 2005, 8:35 AM   #129

HI Tony,

Ive taken several shots and no in normal usage I haven't noticed any effect on my pics. Its only when I really try to make the conditions as you suggested very strong light or sunlight from the side that I got pics where I could notice the skratch in my pics. Also the adaptor minimises +uv filter provides exra shade on the lens and reduces the chance of it effecting the pic.

I think I've been lucky that I didin' scratch nearer the center of the lenss and I ve learnt my lesson and haven't taken of the uv filter since although I do notice that sometimes you do get a lot of reflection between the lenss and the filter when there is strong light in front of the cam.That's the reason I had left the filter off in the first place.

Here's a pic

bye

g
Attached Images

Old Mar 7, 2005, 8:58 AM   #130

Here is a pic where the scratch was very visible. I had a 70watt bulb just to the side of thecam and the adaptor was removed.-Learn from my expierience .If you dont use the Uv filter you willdamage your lens as the lens cap does come off easily at times.

I feel thatI had to post this pic to make all awarewhat scraches can do. If that scratch was closer to the centre I would be looking for another cam

Bye

g
Attached Images