Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Apr 4, 2005, 7:28 PM   #181

"I, and (I assume) many other K/Y forum "regulars", have viewed many a thread in other subforums (within Steves Forums) that have multiple large pictures in them on the first and subsequent pages, extending to many pages. I won't embarrass any individuals by mentioning names ....but some of these extended topics seem amazingly popular and sponsored by very revered regular contributors. In none of these extended threads have I ever seen any mention of problems caused ....... until now! We may have been lulled into a false-sense of security because we have seen so many examples elsewhere of what we have done here."

That is true & I believe that I have the most views of a long running multi-page picture thread. It is also posted in the "Post Your Photos" section where people expect to open a thread containing images.

Like I said, my suggestions were just ideas to consider (or not). This is not the first brand specific forum to get into this discussion...Panasonic being one (since they were mentioned). I don't know what they decided to do, but they took it upon themselves to work it out. Maybe they didn't do anything...I don't know, but if they are happy, that's ok. If ya'll were happy before I made my comment, don't change (I made an observational comment, not anything more).
Old Apr 5, 2005, 3:31 AM   #182
TC3

I am happy with they way we use our Kyocera forum and see no reason to change the way we post pics.

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2005, 4:34 AM   #183

Given that no one has seen fit to complain, I too am happy with the way things are at the moment.

If someone complains, we could review the situation.

Maybe we should consciously try to limit the number of pages that long Pic Post topics (like this one) carry on to ....by deliberately starting new topics after a couple of pages, instead of hanging our new postings off old topics.

Also, use the subtitle area as a warning, if we start a new topic that we know will be including several large pics (it will just have to be tough luck if several pics get posted later!)

This should partially address Kalypso concerns.

Cheers. KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2005, 3:46 PM   #184

Please continue to post pics from the Kyocera M410R. I am receiving this camera Monday, July 11, 2005. I am very excited to try it out. And there are not very many posts on the internet of this camera or its photo abilities. If anyone would like to email me photos taken with this camera please reply.

I have heard many conflicting opinions and really would like to hear what owners of this camera have to say about image quality, speed, shutter lag. Also any dark corners?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Thank you in advance for all replies and posts.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Star2Nite
Star2Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2005, 3:48 PM   #185

Sorry for the html I did not add!

Star2Nite
Old Jul 6, 2005, 4:26 PM   #186

Welcome Star2Nite.

That's a brave offer ....asking if M410R users want to send you images. You could get inundated!

Better still, if you have not done so already ....browse around the Kyocera/Yashica sub-forum ....many, many images here from the M410R! :idea:

You say you have heard of conflicting opinions on the M410R ......strange? ......as an avid Kyocera/Yashica/Contax historian .... I have heard very few criticisms of the M410R ..... WWW or elsewhere. Can you give us some pointers to these ne'er-do-wells?

In the spirit of fairness ..... here is a link to my strengths and weaknesses list for the M410R .... I've cut&pasted the lead-up to it from the original topic ........

Cheers, KK

....... found the review eventually ........ after reading it .... all I can say is ....thank God for Steve's Digicams reviews ...... he seems to have had the same camera that I have .... not the strange beast that they reviewed! :?

How do you sort it out? I quote from the review .....

Whatthey didn't care for:

• Dull colors in photos; images look fuzzy and soft; vignetting in most of my test photos [/*]
  • No long exposure noise reduction [/*]
  • Redeye [/*]
  • Limited slow shutter speed options [/*]
  • Low light focusing wasn't great; no AF-assist lamp [/*]
  • Below average battery life [/*]
  • Poor bundle [/*]
  • Camera manual situation is a real mess
KK says

[/*]

• Learn to set the options, stop drinking coffee or use a tripod, take your hand away from the front of the lens :lol:
    [/*]

• Spend loads more on a camera that has or use Adobe PS etc.
    [/*]

• Use the Red-eye reduction option - it seems to work for me
    [/*]

• Spend loads more on a camera that has.
    [/*]

• No one else has complained, I can quote a few that say they are happy!
    [/*]
  • Jeez ... What? No dishwasher with it! :evil:
    [/*]
  • Agreed ....could be much better. Doesn't stop the camera working though![/*]
If there were any issues with the M410R that I'd like to see corrected with a MKII, they certainly aren't those above! I mentioned a few of my wishes in this thread

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=19

Worry ye not, Sir ....just look at our results and remember they look even better at the original size on our own screens/prints!

Old Jul 6, 2005, 5:52 PM   #187

You are absolutely correct about being inudated with photos, maybe not the best idea. But, I was reading through posts and it seems the photos are sporadic with chatting in between. I understand the discussing of photos as it is necessary, but I just love looking at photos and would love to see more!!!

I do agree Steve's Digicams seemed to have received a better camera to review if you were to compare his sample photos to the photos posted here : http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ky...ew/index.shtml

Those posted at that site do have the vignetting (dark corners)

Has anyone else had the dark corners??

What about shutter lag?

I am purchasing this camera for action shots and of course family photos, vacations, etc. My current camera the Fuji Finepix S5000 and I constantly fight with the shutter lag and the camera compresses the photos so much. I am also limited with a 5 shot continouous burst mode. Or 40 at 1 MB. Who wants to go back to 1MB?

Anyway I would love to hear what you all think about your camera. The best way to capture action shots (baseball). And keep posting pics they are wonderful and I don't care what others say we are not ALL on dial up.

Thank you for replying and I still would love to see more photos

Star:?

Old Jul 6, 2005, 6:19 PM   #188

P.S. Sure would be nice to have a website for this camera alone and all its users. To post photos and discuss

:idea:

Ok now who is willing to step up :blah:
Old Jul 7, 2005, 10:43 AM   #189

shutter lag??? whats that then :?

nope dont seem to suffer with that... if i think i may miss a shoti just put it on continuous mode and let it keep taking shots... till i get the onei want.

mostly works except the other night... had a thunderstorm and i rattled off 1500 shots hoping to catch some... and i didnt.

i have seen slight dark corners. nothing too bad tho i struggled to see it to be fair, it wasnt till someone pointed it out that i noticed.

the camera does seem to get some good reviews and some bad. i think people make their mind up before they even get it. personally i would say its a highly underrated camera... and i dont feel like i coud of got a better camera for the money than i did. i generally use it for outdoor stuff at the zoo... holidays etc. if you browse through you will see some of the shots i have got of animals, bear in mind alot of them have been through thick glass to.

as for camera picture posting.... just keep on posting here .... or in the photo section and link to it from here. keeps us all busy browsing :-)

enjoy your camera.. we all do... some have even returned back after trying out dslrs!

Steve
5teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 11:13 AM   #190

Excellent post, Steve ...... and I agreewith all your comments. If I were extremely critical, I could say I have noticed very slight darkening of the image at the corners on some shots ....but only slight.

Hi Star2Nite (Elizabeth?), please forgive us for our ramblings between photos ..... it's usual there because of a specific request for info ....but we do digress sometimes ...... try to wade through the fluff!

Also forgive us if we appear to be reluctant to repeat our eulogies about the camera .... it's because we know we have spouted on about how good the camera is ...and why ... on many a posting in this sub-forum (Kyocera/Yashica) .... to do so again, here, would just be repeating ourselves (again!). Try to be patient and browse the sub-forum from top-to-bottom ...thereare many pages of good info.

However, if you have a specific point to raise immediately ...we can try to help .... directly here... or by pointing you to the relevant pages. Don't forget you can start a new topic too.

Just one point about "shutter lag" .... remember there can be "perceived" shutter lag if you have "Rec Review" set to anything other than "OFF" ...... i.e. the camera will show you a 2 or 4 second preview of your last shot immediately after you have taken it. I have now switched my camera to OFF for this setting (Set-up, page 2, last option) so that the camera is ready immediately for the next shot. If I need to check a shot out, I use "PLAY".

Cheers, KK