Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jan 23, 2005, 9:19 AM   #11

Steve,

Just printed out the underwater shot on my HP 2175 PSC all in one job. I just used the colour cartridge and the black ink cartridge. Also printed out onto HP semi-glossyphoto paper. the print is brighter but no difference in colours.

Everything looks about the same colour just darker or lighter, The Dye-Sub print did show slight colour changes such as slightly more blue or green etc.

Very odd will put everything in post tomorrow so you can examine it all, will have to let us all know what you think and how Boots have done.

Here's the inkjet print.

Cheers Ian
Attached Images

IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2005, 2:34 AM   #12

Thanks Ian i will let you know what i think when i get them! My epson seems to struggle doing the underwater one.... however it gets the colour far better and im only using inkrite cartridges... i may use the durabrite set that i have somewhere with durabrite paper at some point.

with a bit of luck it will persuade boots to have a proper look at the prints so they treat them like film... ie they adjust the colour ect to get it right. how can they assume that digital prints dont need processing... well they dont but the printers need altering to get correct rendition obviously!

watch this space for the results.... if i get chance on wednesday too i will scan the 2 pictures side by side them you can see the difference (scanner is at work!)

Thanks again

Steve
5teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2005, 7:39 AM   #13

well i got them thanks Ian.... excellent as usual!

attached and following are scans of the underwater and the boat next to the original boots ones. Brightness and darkness dont come into play here... its a proper problem with the colour! let me know what you think guys!

small are boots others are HITI

Again thanks so so much Ian its very much appreciated.

Steve

Attached Images

Old Jan 26, 2005, 7:40 AM   #14

and the other...
Attached Images

Old Jan 26, 2005, 8:02 AM   #15
TC3

Steve

it seems to me that the pics from Boots are a shambles! The colour is awful and they are well out. Time i think you paid them a visit with the evidence that shows on the day they printed those the machine had not been calibrated right! Good luck and do not stand for any bull_shit

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2005, 2:05 PM   #16

Hi Matey Peeps,

I can't see the pictures stuck in another hotel in another city this job is a pain!

I'm connected through mobile phone @9.6kbps wow how fast!!!!! I think this is why I can't see photos I even had a shower waiting for them to download!

From Tony's comments I'm guessing the photos are ok Boots are not ?

Hopefully be home tomorrow so can check pics then.

Kick some Butt, Steve

I did nothing to the prints before they ask, just downloaded and printed thats it!

Cheers Ian

Edit:- Back home now.....I see what you mean the colour doesn't look that great. They seem to have taken all the blue out, very obvious on the boat pic. wierd

Does it look as bad or even worse when you compare the prints next to each other?

I think Boots could be heading for big trouble, would you like to borrow my pet green eyed monster to take with you. He will scare them!! it's okay you can put him on top of a pencil to carry him about.

Cheers Ian

Old Jan 28, 2005, 5:23 AM   #17

Hi Steve,

Whats the verdict on yourprints from Boots?

Have you been in yet?

Cheers Ian
Old Jan 28, 2005, 12:20 PM   #18

i have had a busy week this week finishing a project off.... and doing some work on the side (i hate working till 3:30am!) so i haven't had chance.... i will take them in early next week tho.

apologies for keeping you on the edge of the seat! have you seen the pictures yet ian or are you stil on your 9k link?

Thanks

Steve
Old Jan 28, 2005, 12:24 PM   #19

Hi Steve,

Have seen the photos now colour is bad, I see what you mean about muddy.

Lets just hope Boots play ball.

Ian
Old Feb 1, 2005, 11:53 AM   #20

Hi all

been to boots today... they agree they are rubbish....but say there isnt anything they can easily adjust. they ran them through the kodak machine... free of course... and they came out a different shade too! better but they definitly looked like those little kodak machines do some sort of processing.

anyway they have agrred to do those prints though the machine again and compare the originals with the reprints to see if it ws having an off day. if not.... i just point out the ones im not happy with and get a refund.

need to find somewhere good now that are cheap ... hmmmmm

I'll keep you updated!

Steve