Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Feb 1, 2005, 1:43 PM   #21
TC3

Steve

Pleased to hear you can get a refund on the pics if you want one......result!

Tony

TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2005, 5:08 PM   #22

Had 200 done at Tesco, could not fault them.

6X4 £5 for 50 7X5 £7 for 50, plus at the moment 20% off

Steve
StevePn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2005, 5:20 PM   #23
TC3

Well thats a lot better! Do you not find that the pics are chopped in any way....that they do not include all the original image in the printed photo?

Tony
Old Feb 1, 2005, 6:54 PM   #24

Nice one Steve,

Do you want a high street place or online?

I used the online one linked to internetcamerasdirect they posted them the next day and the results were really good.

Don't know any high street places where to get them done though.

I started with nice one, that could be wrong I think you would have prefered good prints! but nice one that Boots have owned up and will replace/refund them.

Ian
IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 4:33 PM   #25

Hi Steve,

Did you have any of your shots redone?

You must be busy not heard from you in a long time hows the plans going for the move?

Ian
IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 5:29 PM   #26
TC3

I know his type...he uses us then tosses us to the dogs when we are no longer of use....:lol:

Tony
Old Feb 21, 2005, 11:30 PM   #27

5teve,

When I want photographic prints from my digicam images I take them to my local camera shop (Wrexham Cameras) who send them off (on CD) to Colorama. The results are cheap & excellent, and well matched to my monitor. So I think your Boots has a problem, and are messing you about. I understand your Nottingham loyalty, but there are other suppliers about.

Recently I tried out Wanadoo's (formerly Freeserve) 'Photobox' service, http://photos.wanadoo.co.uk/index.html, to get a 30"x20" print and a 2005 calendar made, and the results are excellent. You upload your images to their site, and they print and postto you, within the day. They have on their site a test image, and they send with your order a print of the test image for comparison with your monitor. It might be worth your while trying just a couple of small prints by this method, to provide reference material against which to measure other suppliers, such as Boots.

Good luck,

Alan T

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2005, 3:34 AM   #28
TC3

Alan

Thanks for sharing....it would have been great to have a calendar with my own images but the idea just did not come to me.....i remember i used to ues Colorama with my fiolm camera and the results i was always happy with

Tony
Old Feb 22, 2005, 6:34 AM   #29

Thanks Alan

Boots agreed that there was a problem and a refund was given for all the images we werent happy with. they were very cheap due tomy girlfriends staff discount but i will only put stuff their way if it isnt massively important for the quality. other than the cost i have no nottingham loyalty! :?

i will give the local photo shop a try first as a wedding photographer i know uses them and is very happy with them.

i have used jessops (i think) online service which turned out very well too using my now deceased s4.
5teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2005, 6:45 AM   #30

)IanWgglswrth wrote:
Quote:
Hi Steve,

Did you have any of your shots redone?

You must be busy not heard from you in a long time hows the plans going for the move?

Ian

Hi Ian (and thanks for that comment TC3! :G)

I've been a very busy bunny of late and i do apologise for missing the replys to this thread... i do have the occasional quick check but theres that many post moving lately i seem to be missing some! so my apologies all.

i have been working some pretty long hours trying to finish projects off at work... i have just built a new push bike after i found my old one's frame had cracked, i am trying to get some brighter lights sorted out for it (you'd think 20w halogen would be enough wouldnt you) so i get seen a bit more, and on top of all that im rushing through my house decorating so i can put it up for sale! bugger im knackered! :?

so here we go.... i have had a refund from boots for the ones im not happy with... but i havent had chance yet to try anyone else out! i will have a ganders at the link ian thankyou and as we have a large tesco's in heanor i will give them a shot too... at that price it would be rude not to!

Our application has just been recieved by our agent in Oz... he needs to get it lodged this week as i turn 30 at the end of next week. and then i need to start paying to get into the country as i will be past it then!

we have encountered a problem in that we dont live together (officially) as we have 2 houses... the fact that we spend every night together between houses makes no odds... they need hard evidence to see that we are what we say we are and not trying to skank the system. all good fun and i have to say not like you see on the telly when these people waltz in and out of the country as they please! still at least we will of earned it if we get to that stage!

i'll see if i can get some pics of my bike soon... when i get a minute! by the way do we have any electronics buffs here? i need a very quick dirty circuit inventing :G

Thanks guys and sorry for being a bit quiet!

Steve
5teve is offline   Reply With Quote