Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jan 22, 2005, 2:53 PM   #11

Hi U_G

Add on lenses ... It's all here inSteve's forum ........ much under Kyocera/Yashica .... but plenty in the other threads .... do a search and treat yourself to a good read ..... when you have a quiet evening to fill!

One little point to note .... don't worry about add-ons too much .... they come later when you want to do something unusual ... like macro, extreme wide angle or evenastrophotography!

If you are just starting out ..... this camera will probably do 97% of any shot you're likely to ever want .... straight out of the box! But don't get too worried if a lot of your initial shots are destined to be hit by the delete button! We all went through that process ....and probably still do ....we just don't tell people we do! Thank yourself that it isn't film you're wasting and you won't ever get that awful sinking feeling when you just get a roll of 36 "So-What" shotsback from the processors after a couple of days anticipation!

It takes lotsa practice to take shots of the kids, pets and relatives .... say at a family get-together, all of whom have an uncanny knack of moving just at the same instant the shutter opens! Itwon't matter which camera you bought ... budget, state-of-the-art, digital or film..... those pesky subjects will frustrate even the seasoned shutterbug.:blah:

Get to know the good and bad points of the camera's facilities first ... by studying the results and remembering what you did and what settings you used to get them. Avoid the settingsthat resulted in the "throwaways" and experiment around the ones that gave you results you like. A pencil and little notebook should be provide to every new camera user as a freebie ...... saves a lot of head-scratching!

Play with the EXT mode ....you'll hardly ever leave it once you've mastered it!

And come back here whenever you want a question answering or to bounce an idea of others. And ....don't be afraid to show us your results ....we don't bite here! :ak47: Good shooting .... KK

Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 3:08 PM   #12

for batteries i used this guy on ebay he was great to deal with

this is the charger with 4 batteries

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=5745587512

plus i bought another 2 sets of these off him

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=5552070172

he will combine postage too. while in egypt i took around 440 shots over a period of 7 days and i only had to change the batteries after around 350-360 shots..... so they are pretty decent batteries for the money.

i got my sandisk ultra 2 off ebay too about £36 for a 512mb one... this is his ebay shop.... seems a little steep on the postage so its worth looking around to check he is still the cheapest... but he does ship from hong kong!

http://stores.ebay.com/FlashMan852

on the bag front... i didnt fancy the proper kyocera one although it is nice.... i wanted something that i could cram a few more accesories into... i got the tamrac micro explorer 5200 its fits very snugly cost £15 and can carry a mini tripod 2 spare sets of batteries a spare lens cap a usb cable 3 sd cards and a usb2 card reader! (all the bits go into the pockets!)

anyway enough waffle

HTH's

Steve

5teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 3:58 PM   #13
TC3

This is the bag i am using at present and it is small but has a lot of storage

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...217804-3270022
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 4:47 PM   #14

hello guys!!!

thanks a lot for ur help!! very happy, i am..excited for the cam to arrive.

ill have a look with all the links u posts and treat myself for a good read.:homey:

im gonna try to master the cam first and try experimenting on things. probably get myself filters, mem, fast chargers, bateries and bag as soon as i get the cam.

one more thing guys, ive got a spare 256mb xD mem from my olympus cam. do u think i can use this for now? do u think its a good idea? im just gonna buy a SD adapter for it to fit on the slot. if not what brand would u suggest that is fast:-)and reliable?

this is a daft question but im gonna throwit anyway, wot kind or brand of bttry charger do u recommend?:blah:

ill post some pics wen i get my cam. btw, this is a fantastic site and people r friendly and very helpfull...........:cart:

cheers

gideon

ugly_giddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 5:13 PM   #15

The Xd card will not fit in the Kyocera you need a SD card a fast ont to get the most out of the camera eg

Sandisk Ultra II

Dane -Elec XS

Lexar high speed

As long as its high speed it should be ok.

I only have a Dane-elec XS 256mb which holds about 130 shots at max resolution, Must get another 1 at some point.

There are many to choose from, just hunt around for best price, but check P&P on web sites as cheap is ok as long as the postage isn't a rip off!

cheers Ian

IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 5:50 PM   #16
TC3

U G just wanted to point out the charger i have can be used around the world which is not the case with all chargers
Old Jan 22, 2005, 6:41 PM   #17

I can highly recommend the 2400mAH cells that Steve left the link for. At least my Missus can ....she nicked them for her Discman and says they last a long time! I got two sets from the same dealer .... he seems to be a "good guy" and is very accurate with his claims. I don't have his charge .... but I trust him to be accurate with his specs!

BTW - the same guys plastic battery cases are very cheap - no complaints there ....but they do need the extra security of an elastic band, if, like me, you have them rumbling around coat pockets, bike bags etc!

Tony ... is the link correct for the batts/charger in one of your earlier posts ..... I'm curious to see what you got!

BFN KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 8:27 PM   #18
TC3

ERM sorry about that guys....this is the right link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...96455&rd=1

Tony
Old Jan 23, 2005, 3:33 AM   #19

hello!!

tony - that charger of urs,will it accepta 2400Amh battery? or any rechargeble AA batt?

thnks again for ur advise and help. im on my way to photography!!!!!!!:|ill try to get it now coz its just 1 left.:-)
ugly_giddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 4:45 AM   #20
TC3

UG

That charger comes with 4 2300 batteries. The charger is 40 quid in Argos i think so it is worth getting it from e bay if you are thinking of getting it and that ebay seller also has 4 2300 battereies for 7 quid.

Tony