Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jan 23, 2005, 6:46 AM   #21
TC3

Steve

i checked out the site where you got your charger from. He seems pretty good and i got a pair of those plastic battery cases for 1 quid. Finances should stretch to it....:-)
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 7:23 AM   #22

Tony .... don't forget the elastic bands for the cases, they tend to twist open..... well they are only 50p each :-)

U_G .... Thissame ebay seller (itl-e) does all sorts of charger/battery deals ..... see

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ADME:B:LC:UK:1

5hr charger + 4x2400 110-240v worldwide + car + USB- £14.99 + £3 p+p

5hr charger + 8x2400 110-240v worldwide + car + USB- - £19.99 + £3.5 p+p

Extra 4x2400 at £4.95 +85p p+p .... he will oftenlower postal charges on combined items. If you email him to ask about a particular combo, he will respond quickly.

I asked him about putting NiCd's in ...... no problem. I asked him about putting older 1300 NiMH in .... no problem .... charges quicker! I asked him if 3000mAH came out will it still work ....no problem .... just takes longer! I did not ask him about USB ... but I've no doubt that if asked he would know!

Cheers, KK

Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 7:36 AM   #23
TC3

But KK....that chager is in pink.....:shock:
Old Jan 23, 2005, 7:45 AM   #24

I'm not sure it is! He would tell you. Could be a white-balance problem in his photos ...... it does look like a car though .....

KK
Old Jan 23, 2005, 8:52 AM   #25

mines white.... and yes looks like a car..... very naff but hey.... it works!
5teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 9:51 AM   #26

hello!

tony

just bought the charger that u have.:lol:yah, it came with 4xAA 2300Amh battery. so, thats minus2 on the lists. thanks for the help....heres the link again:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...96455&rd=1

guys w/c one is better battery and last longer, 2400Amh or 2300Amh? coz im thinking of buying extra batteries.

tony

and one more thing, do u think a 2400Amh battery is alright in that charger? coz it came with 2300Amh so i just wondered. and it doesnt say on the discription.

KK - its too late now i already bought a charger. i think im gonna get the plastic batt carrier instead.

thanks again guys!!:|:|
:|

ugly_giddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 10:22 AM   #27
TC3

UG

I got the extra set of Uniross 2300 batts as he only will charge you 1 quid for delivery by combining postage. The batts are very good and from a name you can trust and are designed to take advantage of the sprint chargers fast charging. Other makes may take a lot longer to charge in that charger
Old Jan 23, 2005, 10:51 AM   #28

Hi tony,

You posted a reply about the high speed kingmax SD cards that you use in the memory cardtopic but as this is all related here to going for a new camera I thought it made sense to ask the question here.

Where do you get them from I only have 1 Dane-elec XS card at the mo would like to get another I only use 256mb this holds about130 pictures. I have read reports of cards going pear shaped and good bye all photos somore of the smaller size for me!! After all you could only get 36 shots with film!!!

The dane-elec are very good recommended by Kyocera and are just as fast as the Sandisk Ultra II but they are quite expensive.

So any cheap fast alternatives would be welcome.

Cheers Ian
IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 1:25 PM   #29

U_G .... Don't worry 2400 only 4% more than 2300's. I'm sure they will be OK in the charger. Start getting worried when you can feel the glow fromyour red-hot babies from 5 feet away .... :P

My main concern is for the life of batteries frequently charged at "Sprint" speed. I did quite a bit of surfing before I was about to buy a charger. After reading lotsa info I had made my mind up to go for a mid-speed chargerabout 4 - 5 hours. The consensus on the Net, but by no means all, suggested that for maximum life the slower the better ...... but one has to draw a line at several days! :lol:

The decision was backed up and unexpectedly resolved by an aside comment to a good friend in the photographic wholesale/retail industry.A fewdays later,a box arrived with 16 x 2350 batteries and a fan cooled 4 hr Charger. .......

"With Compliments, these are highly recommended and field tested by us!" said an enclosedcard........Boy! Was I a Happy Bunny.

As a matter of interest .....these batteries and charger come from a very respectable maker ....... but I will swear that the 2400's from the Ebay seller (itl-e) last longer than the batteries that come with the charger .... more so than the slightly higher rating suggests. This has been noted several times ....on the occasions I've managed to getthem back off my better-half :-). They take a little longer to charge too ...... which leads one to believe that they are very conservatively rated .... as the seller implies.

As a bit of fun ..... I connected a white LED and resistor to 4 of these itl-e batteries in a battery holder. The resistor set the initial current to 10mA.3 weeks later .... theLED was still lit and I dismantled the experiment because Madam wanted the batts for her Discman .... rats!

I had some Uniross's .... they wereOK but not exceptional. Maybe they work best with "Sprint" chargers? I only charged them with a Uniross slow charger. I gave them away with something I sold, keeping the freebies and the itl-e ones!

Cheers, KK

Old Jan 23, 2005, 3:21 PM   #30
TC3

KK

My Uniross work very well but having said that i have not anything to compare them against