Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jan 25, 2005, 3:19 PM   #41

Hi Gideon

Nikon, especially some of the older ones have the edge on Macro (Close-up really). They can focus down to millimeters .... not just centimeters!

But the M410R is no slouch compared to all the others. See

Steves Forums > Digital Cameras > Kyocera / Yashica > m410r and dcr-250 macro lens

I have used a very familiar object for close up comparison in this thread .... an AA battery. It's all very well using a nice fly, or bee, or flower, or dragonfly for comparison shots ..... but if you don't have that specimen to hand it can be very hard to get an idea of what the equipment will do. :P

Do a trawl through the K/Y topics for more examples and do a search on Chris Doudet ...... he will show you what he can do with a real Close up add-on (Raynox) instead of my humble efforts with the +3 diopter single element lens. He is the Bees Knees of macro

I will, ifpeople insist, post more insect shots ....but don't want to bore the pants off our viewers .... wellOK then..... just one more :G

Attached Images

Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2005, 3:23 PM   #42

lovely photos. very nice.. ive seen the gallery theres some very nice macro photos. put it on wifes pc as desktop..:G:G.

i really do appreciate macro photos coz u can see evry single details. i cant wait to take my first macro..:G:|:G:|

got the link:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=19

thanks!!

cheers gideon

ugly_giddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2005, 3:43 PM   #43

Do you know ....we are getting quite a few UK M410R owners here on this forum. We should have a field meeting in the summer!

Hertfordshire, Lincoln, Nottingham (the shiney happy one!), Merseyside, Salisbury, Northumberland and probably more anonymous members too!

Doya think this is too Geeky an idea!

KK
Old Jan 25, 2005, 3:47 PM   #44

Kyocera Kid wrote:
Quote:
Do you know ....we are getting quite a few UK M410R owners here on this forum. We should have a field meeting in the summer!

Hertfordshire, Lincoln, Nottingham (the shiney happy one!), Merseyside, Salisbury, Northumberland and probably more anonymous members too!

Doya think this is too Geeky an idea!

KK

I don't think it's too geeky......we don't have to wear flat caps and all shake hands while pressing the shutter release button do we?

There again depending on where we meet this could be seen as normal!!!!:G
IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2005, 4:06 PM   #45

yah y not? thats a good idea.:Gjust need sorting out the right time and place.:lol:
Old Jan 25, 2005, 4:26 PM   #46

KK

That Avatar is a superb look, it's funny but when you get replies to posts and you picture what people look like, thats just so you!:GBut I would have said a red hat:-)

Yes thats me the wife and stepdaughter! Just after we said " I DO"

Cheers Ian
Old Jan 25, 2005, 4:26 PM   #47

i noticed something on this review about the m410r. it says that theres a big deal or above average red-eye thinggy. just wondered whether its a worrying thing. how do u sort it out?

and photos r not so good. i cant believe that. as far as i saw theres pretty marvelous:-):|.

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ky..._m410r-review/

cheers

gideon

Old Jan 25, 2005, 5:03 PM   #48

I found the review eventually ........ after reading it .... all I can say is ....thank God for Steve's Digicams reviews ...... he seems to have had the same camera that I have .... not the strange beast that they reviewed! :?

How do you sort it out? I quote from the review .....

Whatthey didn't care for:
  • Dull colors in photos; images look fuzzy and soft; vignetting in most of my test photos [/*]
  • No long exposure noise reduction [/*]
  • Redeye [/*]
  • Limited slow shutter speed options [/*]
  • Low light focusing wasn't great; no AF-assist lamp [/*]
  • Below average battery life [/*]
  • Poor bundle [/*]
  • Camera manual situation is a real mess
KK says
[/*]

• Learn to set the options, stop drinking coffee or use a tripod, take your hand away from the front of the lens :lol:
    [/*]

• Spend loads more on a camera that has or use Adobe PS etc.
    [/*]

• Use the Red-eye reduction option - it seems to work for me
    [/*]

• Spend loads more on a camera that has.
    [/*]

• No one else has complained, I can quote a few that say they are happy!
    [/*]

• Jeez ... what? No dishwasher with it! :evil:
    [/*]
  • Agreed ....could be much better. Doesn't stop the camera working though![/*]
If there were any issues with the M410R that I'd like to see corrected with a MKII, they certainly aren't those above! I mentioned a few of my wishes in this thread

Steves Forums > Digital Cameras > Kyocera / Yashica > just got it!

Worry ye not, Sir ....just look at our results and remember they look even better at the original size on our own screens/prints!

Cheers, KK
Old Jan 25, 2005, 5:16 PM   #49

ugly_giddy wrote:
Quote:
i noticed something on this review about the m410r. it says that theres a big deal or above average red-eye thinggy. just wondered whether its a worrying thing. how do u sort it out?

and photos r not so good. i cant believe that. as far as i saw theres pretty marvelous:-):|.

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ky..._m410r-review/

cheers

gideon

These reviews are very odd most I've read all say what a good camera it is, it's only that one that gives it a right downer!

Poor in low light!! so are all the compitions cameras. The Panasonic FZ3 has an AF assist lamp great if you are shooting close up won't work at much zoom length. Also this and the Canon S1-IS the EVF 's don't gain up so you won't see much through the view finder anyway.

Redeye is a problem with most cameras including film.

But I have a solution,take photos of people with there eyes closed:lol:

Most of the forums all tell people to go with the panasonic or the canon, I've posted some replies putting the Kyocera up there but to no avail. So let them all get on with it, I've got no complaints and I'm perfectly happy with my camera, and from this forum most owners feel the same way and the pictures speak forthemselves.

Cheers Ian
Old Jan 25, 2005, 5:29 PM   #50

IanWgglswrth wrote:
Quote:
KK

That Avatar is a superb look, it's funny but when you get replies to posts and you picture what people look like, thats just so you!:GBut I would have said a red hat:-)

Yes thats me the wife and stepdaughter! Just after we said " I DO"

Cheers Ian
Some people think that this was more appropriate. I made the mistake of opening it when my nosey students were around ....... they had a hoot for several days teasing me with this!

Fortunately, individually, they have an attention span no longer than my goldfish's, collectively it lasts slightly longer!

I might just use this alternative image!

Cheers, KK- Bobo jojo!
Attached Images