Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jan 26, 2005, 6:54 AM   #61
TC3

But why go for the Dane electric or Ultra 2 at all? The Kingmax is faster then both!!! It is also cheaper and the Ultra 2 has had some issues with some of them, though not all. It is pointless spending money on a branded card that is no better then a brand not so famous

I have a Panasonic high speed card as well and the Kingmax is at the same level

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2005, 7:46 AM   #62

TC3 wrote:
Quote:
But why go for the Dane electric or Ultra 2 at all? The Kingmax is faster then both!!! It is also cheaper and the Ultra 2 has had some issues with some of them, though not all. It is pointless spending money on a branded card that is no better then a brand not so famous

I have a Panasonic high speed card as well and the Kingmax is at the same level

Tony

alright.. i didnt know that. actually i ordered a kingmax512mb platinum from ebuyer. i will get it tomorrow. so i did pick the right choice.

thanks for the info. cheers gideon:-):-)
ugly_giddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2005, 5:02 PM   #63

hello guys!!

since im now waiting for my digicam, im thinking as well to buy a filter. i mean eventually ill get this one i might as well get it now:G.

is a linear filter be alright with M410r digicam? this digicam has an autofocus so do i need a circular instead??:?

a daft question, is it 52mm the filter size i need to get for the M410r? still get a bit confuse of the sizes of the lens.:G:G:G

thanks and happy shooting.:|

Old Jan 26, 2005, 8:10 PM   #64

As far as I am aware ..... focusing method is not an issue with polarizers ...it's metering method thatthey upset. But I'm no expert on this ... tell me if I'm wrong. It's the use of semi-silvered or secondary mirrors in the metering system that polarizes the light, and is therefore affected by incoming polarized light produced when using a linear polarizer ....is that right?

So .... no polarizing/half-silvered mirrors involved.... so a linear polarizer should be fine. Either type seems to work OK on my camera. See my pics in other thread.

FYI the basic thread on the camera body (not lens!) is 49mm. The adapter tube supplied with the camera is 49mm (male thread) to 52mm (female thread) .... so buy 52mm filters if you are starting from scratch. Incidentally, 52mm is a common Yashica size!

Those of us with 55mm filters off the Contax range (or old Electro aux lenses)simply add a 52>55mm step-up ring to the supplied adapter.

NOTE ... there is no actual filter thread on the lens itself (Thank God!)

I went a slightly different route ...... because I thought the supplied adapter ring is a little long for my +3 close-up ... I made my own adapter. I started with a 49>55mm step-up mounted close to the body and add a couple of 55mm filter holders with the glass removed (they were horrible scratch ones anyway - I binned the glass). This gets the +3 very close to the front element without touching it, and minimizes CA. Of course, I could have done the same with a 49>52mm + some 52mm blanks.

NOTE......there are some who think the front element of the M410R does not extend on zooming .....watch closer ....it does ....but only slightly!

Cheers, KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2005, 6:40 AM   #65

hi!! thanks for the help again. thanks for being there for me always.....LOL:lol::G:lol::G

anyway ive got another question, (im a pain in the ***):G, ive got this link and im thinking to get this. its a raynox CM-3500 microexplorer. do u think this will fit on the camera?

this lens can get u even closer to a piece of salt....

http://www.don-sara-parsons.com/raynox/35mfsfc.html

heres another one:

http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/35mmacc/egcm2000.htm

cheers

gideon
Old Jan 27, 2005, 8:31 AM   #66

Check out these .....they look good to me .... but any better than Chris's DCR-250? (or my simple +3 diopter come to that!) I'm not so sure!

http://mesplusbellesphotos.1000wallp...ouche%203.html

and

http://www.pbase.com/phil59

Can't find a UK price for comparison between the DCR-250 and the CM-3500, but you have connections, right! Looks like a $50/$100 ratio in the US of A.

I wonder if getting that close will mean that using these extreme lenses will be more suitedto bench work rather than field work .....and then there is the question of lighting. However, our men above seem to have done the business, using flash.

My inclination is to stick to the DCR-250 .....but then again ...... if you want to photograph grains of salt ..... maybe the CM-3500 is the right one:lol:

Let's see if Chris knows.

Cheers, KK

Old Jan 27, 2005, 10:45 AM   #67

yah i would say so. better than the dcr-250. because u can have 3 lens choices x6, x12, x24 i think. im not sure....

and yah, it would cost double. around £65 for the cm-3500 i think. but uve got 3 diff lens not just one. i think for the diff of around 1/2 the price of dcr u can have 3 lens...:idea::-)

im not saying dcr-250 is no good but cm-3500 is better. imo.:-)
Old Jan 27, 2005, 11:58 AM   #68
TC3

UG

I found the 3500 for a good price here......http://shop.store.yahoo.com/ecameraf...cmmicex12.html

Tony

Old Jan 27, 2005, 2:17 PM   #69
TC3

UG

are you aware that the DCR 250 is 14x with the M410R ? You can zoom out to get the 6x but you are paying double for the 3500 lens set just to have a 24x....how often will that be used you have to ask yourself

Tony
Old Jan 27, 2005, 4:40 PM   #70

I've just found a Hoya 52mm Lin Pol - in very good condition, good threads, no marks, but no box etc ...... anyone in UKinterested?

cheers, KK
Attached Images