Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jan 29, 2005, 4:16 AM   #81
TC3

ugly_giddy wrote:
Quote:
4got to tell u guys i just received my KYOCERA M410R digicam this morning. i am very happy with it. im still trying to familiiarize myself with the cam. i did try to take some photos but i dont have a steady hand.need to develop some technique for this:G:G. very clear photos. macro is superb! itll be much better with an add-on macro lens and a filter...

ill try tomorrow if i can get some good pics and post it here.:-):|.

guys, wots the best set up for the aperture priority and shutter priority. i know it varries but just rough idea to start with.:roll:

thanks and happy shooting:|:lol:

gideon
UG

get some pics up here pronto!

Tony
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2005, 10:16 AM   #82

hello guys!

just been a very busy week for me. my first baby was born. emotional me.:?

guys i ua=sed the cam to take some photos of my son but some photos are not quite good. its like theres a lot of noise onit. i took some with fash.

i just wonderd though what is the best setup of the camera to have a very good pictures? like the sharpness, iso etc.. and some of the pictures are dull like without enough light even with flas on.

i know its diff just a rough idea pls. just dont want to waste pictures of my baby.

thanks and more power!!:|
ugly_giddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2005, 12:10 PM   #83
TC3

UG

Excellent news....congrats on becoming a father....we can only advise you if you post a pic or 2 up so that we can comment on them

Tony
Old Mar 9, 2005, 2:31 PM   #84

hello guys!

just found time to use my pc. been occupied with my baby. hope everybodys ok..

guys how do u shoot moving subjects without it being blurred or ruin? heres a sample pic of my son...

i was trying to take a picture of my son when he suddenly moved and i got this. there r also some photos that turned out like thiis. im just wondeering whether theres a set up that i need to change n the camera or anyother way. thanks..

Attached Images

Old Mar 9, 2005, 2:51 PM   #85

and... i took this photo just outside my house its a bit dull but it just to show that theres noise i think and a bit blurred in the background. just want to know if im missing something or not doing right.

i havent change anything in the ccamera setup but the resulution. put it on max.

almost all the time the photos i took from indoor r poor. but outdoor the photos r excellent almost 99.9%.

thanks a lot for ur help!!

Attached Images

Old Mar 9, 2005, 3:17 PM   #86

this is me and my son. sorry about the bad pics.:-):-):-)

this is another example that i can show u about noise. in the printed/developed picture u can really see noise on my left shoulder and background. if u can help me or suggest some settings i would reaallyy apprrecciate it.

thanks again and happy...:|
Attached Images

Old Mar 9, 2005, 3:45 PM   #87
TC3

Hi UG

Nice to hear from you again!

The first pic you did not use a flash and theshutter speed was very so slow you had no chance of getting a sharp pic. You had iso at 200 so take it down to 100 and use the flash, you have lil choice.

Second pic you again used 200 iso. The shutter was quite slow at 1/30th sec and the aperture was 2.8 which explains why the back isout of focus due to narrow depth of field. If you wanted all the plant in focus you would need a smaller apeture....f8 or smaller

Again in last pic it was 1/60th sec and 200 iso. Put it down to 100 and use the flash and i bet the noise wont be such a problem.

Dull lighting adds to noise creation and the higher the iso the more noise.Hope that helps

Have fun while the baby is a baby before they turn into a lil monster :-)

What is your baby called? Looks real cute

Tony
Old Mar 9, 2005, 4:55 PM   #88

hello!!!

thanks for the help! i really appreciate it! im gonna try to do what u told me.

ive got a few ? for u. sorry about this.:?here it goes.

1. actually the ISO is set to auto. so i need to set it manually to 100??

2. btw, how do u use the histogram? wots it for?

3. in shutter priority, is it the higher the number the more chance u can capture moving subjects? the options is upto 2000, should i set it to 2000 or wot do u recomend for the shutter to capture moving subjects.?

his name is kyle dominic imperial. he looks like me. wot a lucky baby..hehehe

yah ur right enjoy now b4 he turns to a lil' monster...:Gim not gonna let my son see this...:-)

happy shooting.

Old Mar 9, 2005, 6:05 PM   #89

Good assessment from Tony ......it should help.

I see Kyle has his Daddy's hair :-)..... Nice shot of the proud father and baby!

More fun to come with the camera and the baby!

Cheers, KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 2:52 AM   #90
TC3

UG

1. Set the camera to EXT. Change the iso to 100. Unless you want to take manual control of the aperture or shutter speed leave these alone for now

2. This will help you understand the histogram and i never bother with it myself

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tu...stograms.shtml

3. Yes to capture or freeze action or even blur action you would adjust the shutter speed. The shutter speed at say 1/2000th second will freeze nearly all action but a speed of 1/125th will cause fast motion to blur. If you select shutter priority mode you can adjust the shutter speed as you know using the left and right joystick buttons. Just make sure the shutter speed is in yellow and not red which means the pic will not be exposed right. Shutter speed is affected by the iso setting, amount of light avaliable and how fast a lens is. You also have to be aware that the faster the shutter speed the bigger the aperture needed. So f2.8 is the largest aperture on the camera, it will allow you to use a faster shutter speed as more light enters the camera at 2.8 then say f4 and this will also affect the depth of field which as i said before is much narrower at f2.8 then say f8

I suggest you look online for tutorials UG

Check this out for now and then check out the rest of the website

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...q-locale=en_US

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...q-locale=en_US

Kyle is a lovely name

Tony