Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kyocera / Yashica

Old Jan 29, 2005, 4:26 AM   #41
TC3

Can anyone make sense of this. The guy called back to say that they do not have bags for the m410r but do have fuji bags that are exactly the same and are made in same factory and retail for 22 quid with postage. WTF?

KK if you give em a call let me know what they say please

Tony

TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2005, 4:46 AM   #42

They can't remember much!

Still it is a very small shop and they are very good, let you play and go through everything with you. They also don't rush you either very nice and unusual.

Lets just hope the price he gave me was the correct one and he wasn't looking at another price on the list for that rare item the giggle pin!

IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2005, 7:17 AM   #43

If I phoned them now.... they would think it was a plot to send them MAD!!! And they will never order anything from Kyocera again!

Still a bit on the poor side .... What! What!

KK
Kyocera Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2005, 8:38 AM   #44
TC3

I told them what Ian had said and about the forum and that there was a couple of people interested in a case

I do not understand why he offered me a fuji case he says is totally the same but different name on case and he said they were 19.99 and 2 quid shippingand that they were in stock. It would be nice to have the Kyocera label on the bag like Ian has so you do not belong to the "other" crowd

Tony
Old Jan 29, 2005, 9:23 AM   #45

TC3 wrote:
Quote:
Can anyone make sense of this. The guy called back to say that they do not have bags for the m410r but do have fuji bags that are exactly the same and are made in same factory and retail for 22 quid with postage. WTF?

KK if you give em a call let me know what they say please

Tony

I can't belive it!!!

They are an authorised Kyocera stockist so why if you have a Kyocera would you want a Fuji bag????

Also he told me the price for the Kyocera case was £14.99 much cheaper and the correct one which he said he could get in 10 days

Is it me?

Ian

Just had a look at Jessops they have it listed same price but available 3-4 weeks?

Anybody know of another Kyocera stockist that may get it quicker? I think this may be the best option as Tokarskis has lost the plot!

Try Bristol cameras £15

http://www.bristolcameras.co.uk/page221.htm

Old Jan 29, 2005, 11:31 AM   #46
TC3

Ian

I could not find it at the Jessops web site and i would not mind waiting 3 or 4 weeks.

That camera shop in Lincoln have lil idea how to run a buisness efficently...

Tony
Old Jan 29, 2005, 11:37 AM   #47
TC3

Still can not find it.....on the Jessops web site....can you please post a link Ian

Tony
Old Jan 29, 2005, 11:58 AM   #48

Hi Tony,

Don't know what happened to that shop in Lincoln, when I went in the guy was really good and helpful which probably means they got rid of him!!!

link to Jessops

http://www.jessops.com/search/viewpr...5-477eff30be20

Doesn't show a picture but same price I don't think there is another 1 .

bristol cameras don't have a picture but but do say it's for the M410r don't know if they have one in stock though.

Ian

**Bristol Cameras have 2 instock original Kyocera same as mine £29 + £2.50 p+p **

Have just called them.

Ian
Bristol Cameras shut @17.30 Tel:-0117 9290435

Old Jan 29, 2005, 12:29 PM   #49
TC3

Thanks for the info Ian and for making the call to Bristol cameras. Am not sure that the Jessops one is the one like yours but i will probably order from Bristol cameras on Monday morning first thing

Tony
Old Jan 29, 2005, 12:37 PM   #50

Okey dokey,

I've thought the same thing I'm sure mine was priced at £24 but got some money off for the 'mark' on the front pocket!

So all these that are £15 may just be equivalents, which is the one listed on bristol cameras web site! so it may be worth actually calling and saying exactly which one you want.!

She actually picked one up in the shop when I called and described it, "Kyocera on the front with the little brass 'finecam' tag on the front corner, funny shape"

But £29!, it's nice to haveoriginal though.

Ian